Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Iowa GT-R
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned two GT-Rs over a period of three years and I have now just seen my second GT-R in the wild.

My family just moved back (after 10 years) from Iowa to North Carolina a few weeks ago and we went to dinner at Piper's Tavern in Raleigh on Saturday night. As I was looking for a parking spot my 10 year old daughter yelled out: "Dad there's a GT-R!". The Black GT-R had a perfect corner spot where nobody could door ding the car. We were driving the Jeep since a family of five can't fit in the GT-R, so no photos of both cars together.

The first and only other GT-R I have seen in the wild was on the second day of ownership as my wife and I were heading back to Iowa after picking it up in Texas. It was in the middle of nowhere and passed us on a back road as we had to make a short drive from the interstate to the gas station. I never thought it would take 37 months to see another one again (outside of dealership). I know I had the only one in my area in Iowa (had to drive 70 miles for service), but I have made many trips all over the midwest and souteast and never seen another one on the road until last night.

·
Iowa GT-R
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Less than a week later my wife spots a second GT-R by her work on TW Alexander and Miami Blvd. She called me from work and told me she saw a GMG GT-R that looked just like my first GT-R.

·
Iowa GT-R
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw two different black GT-Rs on Saturday. One was entering an apartment complex in the Brier Creek area and the second one was as at Piper's Tavern again (parked in the same spot, so maybe the owner).

I still haven't spotted another GT-R in Raleigh while I was driving my GT-R.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just got a white GT-R myself in Raleigh, I did see a white and a silver one on Six Forks Rd, at Piper's, at the new Harris Teeter on Millbrook Rd, and at Latin Quarters.
The silver one may be a friend of mine. Looking to buy that one actually. I've seen a white one around the area, Six Forks near Falls & one in Wake Forest a while back.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Saw two different black GT-Rs on Saturday. One was entering an apartment complex in the Brier Creek area and the second one was as at Piper's Tavern again (parked in the same spot, so maybe the owner).

I still haven't spotted another GT-R in Raleigh while I was driving my GT-R.
I'm always in these areas never see these GT-R's, I'll look for the one at Piper's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys i was in the Raleigh-Durham [background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Brier Creek area for work last week and was hoping to spot a GTR, and maybe check out the local tuning scene. I drive a 09 GTR here in Singapore.[/background]

Not much of a GTR scene in NC huh?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi guys i was in the Raleigh-Durham [background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Brier Creek area for work last week and was hoping to spot a GTR, and maybe check out the local tuning scene. I drive a 09 GTR here in Singapore.[/background]

Not much of a GTR scene in NC huh?
They're rare for sure. I just brought one more into the area though

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a GT-R and live very close to Piper's Tavern. Its a 2015 Gun Metallic Premium with Red Interior. I have had my GT-R for almost two years now. Anyone else in North Raleigh with a GT-R? I occasionally pass a white and black one on Strickland Rd. Its maybe been 4 total in the last two years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not in "Raleigh" but I'm up there all the time to shop and stuff. My buddy and I usually go to the car meets up there together (he's got a black DBA and I have a chrome CBA). I get back from overseas soon so I'll be back hitting up the Cars and Coffee to take pics. I'm in the ft Bragg area

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.