Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hi everyone,

I thought it opportune to start a thread about Spring/Summer plans...

We made it through the first 8 weeks of winter (which for Toronto has been awesome) - what plans do you have for your car (mods, road trips etc.)?

We're 7 weeks from Spring - so let's count it down - we're almost there...

Will records break? Can the 13' beat the Zo6/Zr1 ring times? Who will be next into the 8's?

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
I always enjoy the Fall and the Holidays. But come Janruary 2nd I am ready for spring I am excited to get my car back from Switzer. Once I get my car back I am kicking off my season by heading down to TX2K12. Then I am planning on competeing (sp??)in all the NASA races in my region except for 1 this season. My goal is to win the Rocky Mountain TTU class, but we will see. There is definitely going to be some strong competition. I will also attend many open track days with various groups.

For drag racing I plan on having both my cars running in our local drag racing series. I will probably run my Z in the pro class and my GTR in the street car class. Or I may run them both in the street car class. Not sure yet.

If my schedule allows I would also like to attend the Texas Mile in the Fall and the 1/2 mile side by side event in California.

Other than that I am not doing much

Can you tell I really like spring/summer LOL

No more mods for me until next Winter.

What are your plans for the season?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jason, with an E1K, you are going to have a more than a few options...;)

I know you are like myself and like to race the car...I hope to be at the track every weekend (although I will not use race fuel that often as I don't want to overstress the car).

Make many videos and set up some GT-R owner meets. I'd love to visit the US and Switzer again, but I HATE the border crossing. I just don't want any issues...

The fact there is only 7 weeks to Spring is what is inspiring me - it's just been a great winter up here.

I look forward to seeing how you do in Texas Jason!

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Looking forward to your videos and your 1/4 mile runs. Your R1K looks great!!! It has been a pretty mild winter here as well. Although we are supposed to get up to 18" of snow tonight and tomorrow. Wish you could come down to Texas. It is a lot of fun. Crazy cars for sure. I am looking forward to seeing everyone down there and the changes they have made to their cars. Talk with you soon.

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
going to the 1/4 mile in march to hopefully run some good 10 sec times

then Zdayz in May an shortly after that our east coast track day in june

and of course the autoX here or there mixed in this spring and summer

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
going to the 1/4 mile in march to hopefully run some good 10 sec times

then Zdayz in May an shortly after that our east coast track day in june

and of course the autoX here or there mixed in this spring and summer
Hey MC, one thing I still haven't tried with the car is roadcourse. I'm not worried about me so much (although I am not a professional by any stretch) - but more the other people on the road.
I may try it this Spring as I am getting rid of my tires anyway - still on the fence however.

Jason - I'm looking forward to YOUR videos your car looks awesome and now will have a motor to match - I can't wait to see what you will run in Texas!!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
your going to have to get out to the road course at some point! I'm doing the engine this next couple months, so hoping i'll have a worry free summer (highly unlikely tho) lol, especially with the car being over 3 years old

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your going to have to get out to the road course at some point! I'm doing the engine this next couple months, so hoping i'll have a worry free summer (highly unlikely tho) lol, especially with the car being over 3 years old
Ah Mike, with you around it will be an interesting summer for sure!

Can't wait to see the results of your car this spring - and that is only 7 weeks away.

I will likely do the road course at least once as I am getting rid of my rubber anyway so it seems like the best time to do it. What do you think about the Michelins Cup Sports for drag as well as road course?

I will organize a meet at the earliest opportunity - I hope to see you there!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't wait to see these beasts out in the wild this season...
It's going to be a video bananza Neil! I'm just so excited the winter is breezing by...there are so many tracks to go to and so many races to run.

What we need in Canada is a mile event. Who knows - matybe I will try to organzie one...;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Its already organized...Standing 1 mile, top speed 2 mile, road course and wet drift course. Aug 24/25 in Cold Lake, Alberta. At the air force base. PM me if you want some more info.

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
My plans...awaiting with open arms and heavy right foot of the my new monster Switzer katana! Until then, my buddies are working out a package at Bondurant racing school. Also, prepping my garage (cleaning it out and putting on new flooring and figuring out what to kick out once the GT-R arrives). In the Fall, start looking for a GT3RS to build out for the track...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.