Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning when I was driving to work in my FBO GTR. I was about 20miles into my drive...I was about to take my exit and was rolling in downtown Atlanta traffic around 5mph. Not sure what happened but when I slightly pressed on the gas the car started to sputter and hesitate. I was able to take the exit and pull into an empty parking lot. I put the car in P and got out of the car and it was continuing to sputter and hesitate. I immediately turned it off gave it a few seconds and cranked her back up...she started fine and the symptoms were completely gone. I plugged in my Cobb Access Port to check for codes but nothing came up...parked the car and then later in the day got in and drove back home (no traffic) without and issues. Transmission shifting up and down perfectly fine, engine sounds normal and all gauges readings look fine...

Yes I was driving car in manual mode while this occurred and shifted it into A when the car started to act up but it didn't do anything.

Anyone experience this before? Could it have been bad gas? I filled her up on 93 on Monday and had already driven 150miles on the tank...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Running ID1000 injectors, setup was put in about 2 months ago and tuned by a reputable GTR shop in Atlanta. It's odd because I've taken the car in the mountains (dragons tail) and driven the hell out of it and car runs flawless.

Bad fuel or possibly pumps going
Bad?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Running ID1000 injectors, setup was put in about 2 months ago and tuned by a reputable GTR shop in Atlanta. It's odd because I've taken the car in the mountains (dragons tail) and driven the hell out of it and car runs flawless.

Bad fuel or possibly pumps going
Bad?
That's what lm thinking we have pretty much the same setup only difference l added pumps

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Its not necessary but l did it being that l up my injectors and just in case l went flex fuel

My mod
Id1000
SBD 102mm 4" exhaust
Got boost 3" intake
Tial recirculate bov
Pumps
Agency DP
Cobb tune 93

·
Registered
280 Posts
Could be ther O-Rings on the pump housing, I had a similar issue. In the end, I decided to run 2x O-Rings on each pump. I's a tight squeeze getting them to click into the housing, but I know there will never be a leak there again.

I think what can happen is the O-Rings don't seat quite right, and after a few weeks once they have swollen up and maybe got a bit softer, they can cause a pressure leak - meaning the pump is pumping straight back into the tank.

Your car may have some lean state errors in the ECU.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts