Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking at getting my mechanic to put a stage 1 tune on my car. Mid pipe mod only.

Will this provide other benefits , in addition to the performance benefits ?

E.g. will it make the car drive nicer, change gear smoother, etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
It'll sound better, but it's not going to affect the overall performance of your car, outside of a little power bump from letting it breathe better. Shouldn't affect anything suspension or transmission related.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Do you mean ECU tune with mid pipe only for Stage 1? Stage 1 is the combination of these two mods - mid pipe allows the exhaust to flow more free and the ECU tune optimizes fuel/timing for added power, and you need a COBB Accessport or EcuTek to reflash your ECU as well.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
ECU tune could make the car drive better depending on year as it optimizes hp/tq curves.

TCM tune is what would change the actual drivability / rpm - gear, shifting, etc.

Good luck and let the mods begin.

Reactions: jnl16

·
Registered
2014 Nissan GTR FBO E85
224 Posts
IMO just go full bolt ons and get it tuned once and done. It will be more cost effective. FBO can be sourced with parts you can use with FBO + turbos if you think that's a possibility in the future. If you take the plunge for a full build, very few parts if any will be reused.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan GT-R
29 Posts
I did a 'street tune' on my GTR (only mod is a catback exhaust) via Ecutek with my local tuner and omg it was a night and day difference. Its crazy how nerfed the ECU is when it comes to power delivery from the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts