Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to the r35 community to stay away from this company. I paid for air filters back in Jan 2021. One year later they have never been shipped out. They also do not respond to any emails asking about updates or refunds.

I am getting word I am not the only one they have done this too, with some people being out thousands of dollars.

Ever since James left, the service has been shit.

·
R35 Owner
669 Posts
just posted in the other thread, buy buyer beware

Worst experience of my life so far. I ordered wheel on 9-7-21 and was told late November 2021. It is currently 2-8-22 and still no wheels.
Here is a list of my communication from Vivid.
9-7-21 - ordered wheels pit 50% down told late November
10-6-21 asked for update and got response that is was on a stick number for still on for late november
11-12-21 - asked for update and was told 3-11-22 and I asked how is that possible from last update was told they would look into it.
11-15-21 - asked for update
11-16-21 got response back saying there is slight delay and would now be mid to late December
12-10-21 - asked for update and got response that they would have them in December and I would get early jan
1-11-22 asked for update
1-13-22 asked for update
1-14-22 - got response wheels were at customers.
1-20 - 22 asked for update
1-24-22- asked for update
1-25-22 said that normally takes 2-3 weeks from when at customs till it shows up at their warehouse. Was at customs on 1-14 per employee
1-31- follow up and no response
communicated with sale associate on FB messenger a little but no new information since 1-31.

Horrible false promises

·
Super Moderator
3,966 Posts
Just a heads up to the r35 community to stay away from this company. I paid for air filters back in Jan 2021. One year later they have never been shipped out. They also do not respond to any emails asking about updates or refunds.

I am getting word I am not the only one they have done this too, with some people being out thousands of dollars.

Ever since James left, the service has been shit.
Things keep changing. Thanks for the most recent important info. Somewhat similar change with AMS, in terms of service quality (but not with shipping orders, as mentioned here).

Alexd

Reactions: droptopp

·
Super Moderator
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An email has been sent to the owners Rob and Dan as well as an employee by the name of Adam.

·
Registered
2013 Nissan GTR
85 Posts
Glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

After a year of waiting for the rest of my Kamikaze kit (understandable because of supply chain issues), my kit landed in the US on the 22nd of December.
I had to reach out to James McKibben at Bulletproof to get that information....on Instagram.

How is it that nobody at VividRacing could give me an update on a $20,000.00 order with them?

Shoutout to James McKibben for still be super helpful still after leaving Vivid.

Vivid has fallen far.

Font Screenshot Magenta Number Parallel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a heads up, I had issues getting air filters from another well known vendor mid last year. I ended up having to email them after a few weeks of silence, they did respond and stated that they were severely backordered. I ended up going back to OEM and getting them from my local Nissan dealer.

·
Super Moderator
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An email has been sent to the owners Rob and Dan as well as an employee by the name of Adam.
Adam has responded with a refund will be issued and 48hrs to process the refund. Lets see if it even happens.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hey I've been waiting for carbon fiber door handles from Bulletproof since Febuary 2020.
2 years....
I contacted them last April they said they were ordered.
Bulletproof took them out of their website catalog last year....Supply chain problems out of China.

It took me almost 2 years to get an Overtake hood pre Pandemic from Bulletproof.I think I got it in 2019.

·
Super Moderator
3,966 Posts
Vivid racing is a very legit COMPANY!!!
And, from someone who came here 8 days ago, and "splashes" comments around...your source of information for this statement of yours is WHAT!?

Alexd

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought the complete seibon carbon set from vivid, about 10+ oversea orders. James always responded within 12h that was really cool. it is sad to see how dependent a business is of a single individual. A very important point here to mention is communication. As I ordered the r35 front carbon lip James wrote in the very first mails 'it is made up to order and can take up to 12 weeks.'.

Now this is a crystal clear answer. Up to 3 months - take it or leave it. period. But what I hate is to ask EVERY week and receive most of the time nothing and when it is a oneliner like 'we'll ship itout soon'. this make u crazy.

the same happended to frsport as Mike left. I spent more than 20k there.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think they are under staffed or under managed. I've had both good and horrible experiences.

·
Super Moderator
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey I've been waiting for carbon fiber door handles from Bulletproof since Febuary 2020.
2 years....
I contacted them last April they said they were ordered.
Bulletproof took them out of their website catalog last year....Supply chain problems out of China.

It took me almost 2 years to get an Overtake hood pre Pandemic from Bulletproof.I think I got it in 2019.
Did they stop responding to your emails?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts