Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
ok just trasferring this topic from another section

anyone found a safe+working solution?

osram?philips?

are the turn signal bulbs single or dual filament?
you could go LED's, which are clear until they light up....that's what I did

v-leds.com

·
WOTer
1,144 Posts
I got a pair from Stealth bulb quite awhile ago, I believe its single filament. It looks bright enough for me, and the removal of the egg yolk look is a big plus.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
I bought the Stealth bulbs, #7440. They are single filiment and are not near bright enough in my opinion. They also do not fit the standard bulb socket correctly. To make them fit, you have to file off one of the locking bumps molded into the glass. A compromise at best. If they are not installed with this modification, they will eventually pop out and it's not very fun fishing them out of your headlight assembly. I talk from experience, it happened to me. Took them out and back with the OEM.

Back to the brightness issue. The other day, I followed Celsius for awhile as we were driving to a car meet. The led bulbs he speaks of are not near bright enough IMHO. To each his own, but I would never install these for something as important as a turn signal. When I was behind him and he used his turn signals, I could barely see them flashing....they were so dim. I never saw his front working, but I'll bet they're not any better. Why compromise brightness for something as important as turn signals.........SORRY I HIT YOU BUT I COULDN'T SEE THAT YOU WERE GOING TO TURN!!!

Stock ones for me until there's a better option.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the Stealth bulbs, #7440. They are single filiment and are not near bright enough in my opinion. They also do not fit the standard bulb socket correctly. To make them fit, you have to file off one of the locking bumps molded into the glass. A compromise at best. If they are not installed with this modification, they will eventually pop out and it's not very fun fishing them out of your headlight assembly. I talk from experience, it happened to me. Took them out and back with the OEM.

Back to the brightness issue. The other day, I followed Celsius for awhile as we were driving to a car meet. The led bulbs he speaks of are not near bright enough IMHO. To each his own, but I would never install these for something as important as a turn signal. When I was behind him and he used his turn signals, I could barely see them flashing....they were so dim. I never saw his front working, but I'll bet they're not any better. Why compromise brightness for something as important as turn signals.........SORRY I HIT YOU BUT I COULDN'T SEE THAT YOU WERE GOING TO TURN!!!

Stock ones for me until there's a better option.
I agree on the leds. I'll do a proper search. there used to be a company called EVO STYLE that made good visible bulbs for the 350Z I had...

I'll post some links to see what you guys think

thanks for the bulb code BTW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
WOTer
1,144 Posts
I'll try Philips silver vision WY21W...
Bear in mind though that the Philips Silver Vision won't completely remove the egg yolk look, it'll still show slight yellow tint. But I believe its brighter than the Stealth, its a compromise between look and safety.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I bought the Stealth bulbs, #7440. They are single filiment and are not near bright enough in my opinion. They also do not fit the standard bulb socket correctly. To make them fit, you have to file off one of the locking bumps molded into the glass. A compromise at best. If they are not installed with this modification, they will eventually pop out and it's not very fun fishing them out of your headlight assembly. I talk from experience, it happened to me. Took them out and back with the OEM.Back to the brightness issue. The other day, I followed Celsius for awhile as we were driving to a car meet. The led bulbs he speaks of are not near bright enough IMHO. To each his own, but I would never install these for something as important as a turn signal. When I was behind him and he used his turn signals, I could barely see them flashing....they were so dim. I never saw his front working, but I'll bet they're not any better. Why compromise brightness for something as important as turn signals.........SORRY I HIT YOU BUT I COULDN'T SEE THAT YOU WERE GOING TO TURN!!!Stock ones for me until there's a better option.
True, LED signal lights might not be as bright as filament (which would be no different than someone tinting their lenses), but Ive never had an accident that was caused from not being able to see someones turn signal ...could just mean that maybe you were following too close
IMHO - It's not that bad....look at the video 7443 bulb

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
nice effect on the leds must admit. did you use resistors to get rid of hyperblinking?

gone for the silver vision, filament I'll see how they go
they will flash at "normal" speeds if the Hazard button is pressed (enough resistance when two flash together). But, will flash rapidly when using them individually, like when making a turn. I guess I could install resistors, but I like them when they flash quick.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Bringing this thread back because I am about to have both headlight assemblies replaced under warranty (for what looks like oily drippage on the inside) and would like to take advantage of this to replace my turn signal bulbs.

So, has anyone found some dual filament stealth bulbs to replace our 7444 ones and that blink at the normal speed?

Ronnie, how did yours turn out? I could drive out to anywhere you are today to come look at them.

·
Registered
860 Posts
they will flash at "normal" speeds if the Hazard button is pressed (enough resistance when two flash together). But, will flash rapidly when using them individually, like when making a turn. I guess I could install resistors, but I like them when they flash quick.
can you take a vid of the fast blinking? how fast is fast?

·
Registered
746 Posts
OK, so I purchased the 7443 chrome bulbs seen at http://autolumination.com/titaniumseries.htm, and just got them installed this morning while my headlights were being replaced under warranty.

They definitely make the headlight cluster look a lot better since the amber/egg yoke look is gone. The are noticeably dimmer than the OEM bulbs of course but they seem visible both during the day and with the headlights on in my opinion.

Here is my little clip showing FIRST THE OEM bulb flashing (driver side) followed by the new stealth bulb (passenger side). Keep in mind this is not a perfect comparison as the sun was creating a lot more reflection in the passenger headlight. I'll try to make a better clip when I have time.

**EDIT** I apparently still have not figured out how to embed a video (the instructions are so old they don't work). So just go to

1 - 20 of 22 Posts