Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

A good friend and client of ours, StealthJ as he's known on here, came to us looking to build upon his P800 GTR. He wanted something much faster, to go out and embarrass some of his friends, to drag race, do roll race events, take the wife to dinner, and more! Most importantly - he emphasized fast with class. No gutted race car, this car will keep its stereo, AC, and other interior amenities, and is complimented by our soon-to-be-released 8.5s certified "Stealth Cage" that is almost completely hidden from view with no added blind spots. This build started out as a P800 to R1K, but soon grew into the behemoth we are going to be testing very soon. J messaged me as soon as E2K dyno video was published (below) and told me he wanted that setup. Rather than jump right into that, Tym proposed a hybrid between our Goliath hardware and what the E2K runs, so it will be very interesting to see where the power ends up at.

This GTR will have one of our 3.8L VR38DETT's running on ethanol (flex-fuel!) with powertrain management via the Syvecs SGTR kit. We anticipate a power curve much like the one below but reaching 1650-1700whp, enough to propel this corn-fed animal in 7s territory at over 180MPH, with 60-130's in the sub-3-second range.

Quick teaser while we finish up editing more pictures...

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for more...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Looks like a great project, I would love to see more on the cage as well as im very interested in something stealthy like that.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Looks like a great project, I would love to see more on the cage as well as im very interested in something stealthy like that.
^This

·
Registered
812 Posts
Love the fabrication of the roll bar in the trunk. Glad the owner can still use it. lol Great work Neil and Switzer!!!

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
O BALLS i just realized that the E2K that has been wrecking this forum isn't even a goliath. I would like to say that I am expecting something that can make 2222bhp from you eventually

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
He wanted something much faster, to go out and embarrass some of his friends, to drag race, do roll race events, take the wife to dinner, and more! Most importantly - he emphasized fast with class. No gutted race car, this car will keep its stereo, AC, and other interior amenities, and is complimented by our soon-to-be-released 8.5s certified "Stealth Cage" that is almost completely hidden from view with no added blind spots. This build started out as a P800 to R1K, but soon grew into the behemoth we are going to be testing very soon.

This GTR will have one of our 3.8L VR38DETT's running on ethanol (flex-fuel!) with powertrain management via the Syvecs SGTR kit. We anticipate a power curve much like the one below but reaching 1650-1700whp, enough to propel this corn-fed animal in 7s territory at over 180MPH, with 60-130's in the sub-3-second range.
This is my definition of a dream car.

Switzer & Co, how close to stock can this specific-setup car's final exterior possibly be?

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Congrats Stealth. Looking forward to hearing more about your build, bro.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why not use 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 block? No replacement for displacement they say. While I disagree to a point I would think adding boost to higher displacement would only equal more power, right?

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
Sounds like a other great build, would like to see pics of the cage as well.

Sent using GT-R Life mobile app

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
Why not use 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 block? No replacement for displacement they say. While I disagree to a point I would think adding boost to higher displacement would only equal more power, right?
SPI stated there is no need for larger than 3.8 for their builds. They stick with the 3.8 as that's their philosophy.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts