Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using this Maestro ADS-MSW unit for 2 weeks and has been working great. I have tried others (PAC) that require programming from an input from the steering wheel, but later would start having issues. What is nice about the Maestro is it can be flashed from your computer, and the fact that they have a GTR as an available profile means its at least been tested. It also has dual function options for a long press on the buttons for a second function. You do lose the mark / start-stop button input to the MFD screen, but I never use that anyway.
Adapter Ac adapter Adapter Cable Battery charger
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Computer component
Communication Device Portable communications device Font Rectangle Gadget

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone that is adding an aftermarket headunit, such as I've done multiple times, can use the steering wheel controls for it. I'm guessing the trex and others like it already do that. But if you system is a standalone, you can use this to use the stock steering wheel controls for your headunit. It just won't work to the factory anymore. You could wire up a relay to go back and forth between factory and aftermarket if you wanted to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i plan on taking this to an audio shop, is it very complicated for them to do? or is it straoight forward? could you possibly go a little more in depth? your set up is exactly how id like mine. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There’s a lot of custom work involved. Basically the ac controls need to be molded to fit in front of where the av unit was. Also the stock av unit needs to be pushed back. Then a mount for the floating screen needs to be fabricated

·
Registered
6 Posts
what do you mean the ac control unit need to be molded exactly? Is it not just a relocation and the fabricating isn’t that hard my main issue is the wiring, the audio wiring that comes from the main unit how would that go to the the new head unit ? Is the wiring able to just be taken out from the broken unit and re wired to the new one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
so the wiring that goes into the broken AV unit can just go into my new unit, (not plug and play )sorry if I’m asking too many questions I just wanna make sure before I take it to the shop cause then I can explain it a little. Thank you !

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You still need your factory av working or you will loose the mfd gauges and ac controls

1 - 14 of 14 Posts