Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
It might be sticky from cleaning the wheel with armor all or something.

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, have not touched it yet - too new for cleaning - FYI. Also I hear a "click" like a relay or something when i push it ....

then it will "go the other way" up or down - but still continues to go up up up or down down down.

very strange.

Cleaning idea is out though.

· Registered
38 Posts
I had a similar problem. Volume controls would intermittently fail. As time went on the frequency increased. I finally took it to the dealer and the tech discovered that the connecting cable that spirals around the steering column had become frayed and was defective. They replaced the cable under warranty and the problem was fixed.

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wonder how to test this? Just take things apart? Or... Wonder how to tell if a relay is failing. .... Must be one of these two. Lol trouble is... None of these parts will be on hand. Everything is a two trip fix. Unless i have it figured out before i go down

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You think to check this i need to deal with taking the air bag out? Any chance doing a batter reset will fix it if it is a confused relay? It just seems like the programming in an ecu or controler is confused somehow. It is not like "connection". Like

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
Wonder how to test this? Just take things apart? Or... Wonder how to tell if a relay is failing. .... Must be one of these two. Lol trouble is... None of these parts will be on hand. Everything is a two trip fix. Unless i have it figured out before i go down
Usually if the clock spring fails, the horn won't work so try the horn. If the horn is good, then the clock is probably good. That doesn't rule out the wires coming out of the clock spring.

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well shoot wish i would have seen this. Well i let the car sit for two hours. Went back... And was going to check it all out... And just happened to honk the horn... Just cuz. It worked. That being said... Everything is perfect as can be. So.... Either the wait and or the horn honk fixed it. This really did not seem like a wire.... This was more electronic / brain related. So... What is this horn / clock deal?

So.. That is that.. It is fixed lol

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is why i let it sit... Was because the remotes work off of different voltage reading ... And if for some reason voltage gets to high or low in a brain... It can mess with signal in and out. From what i understand.

· Registered
38 Posts
Honestly I didn't ask many questions when they fixed mine. My symptoms to seemed electronic... I'd hit volume up and it would go up one bar then jump down two or three. It would also do the same thing down to up. On occasion it wouldn't stop after going the opposite direction until I hit another button.
Started off doing once a week. Within a couple of months it was doing it 2+ times a day. Hopefully yours is fixed!

Sent from my C6806 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well shoot, doesnt seem like it is going to go away. It is so strange. If you use the volume button first... then the "volume" actions are stupid and drag up or down. If you use the seek button first... then "seek" doenst work either way, but the volume will work normal. Only buttons affected are the "left side" set of buttons. You were correct... it does not seem like this issue is going to go away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.