Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts

If you own a Nissan GT-R and do not want to put holes in your front end or fascia in order to mount your front license plate, then this kit was developed specifically for you!

Mounting the plate using the factory bracket requires more than a few simple holes. In fact, major surgery is required, which is nearly impossible to reverse without replacement of the entire bumper assembly. Save yourself the headache and install the STILLEN GT-R Front License Plate Bracket. Uses the pre-existing hole for the factory tow bracket.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

If you own a Nissan GT-R and do not want to put holes in your front end or fascia in order to mount your front license plate, then this kit was developed specifically for you!

Mounting the plate using the factory bracket requires more than a few simple holes. In fact, major surgery is required, which is nearly impossible to reverse without replacement of the entire bumper assembly. Save yourself the headache and install the STILLEN GT-R Front License Plate Bracket. Uses the pre-existing hole for the factory tow bracket.
Excellent for anyone unfortunate enough to have to run a front plate.

Bish

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
I have one! not having a front plate in California is no longer a fix ticket, it's and actual citation that cost around $175 and you still have to put a front plate on your car on top of that.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
In VA, cops don't care what car you have. If they see you without a front license plate, they'll instantly pull you over.

Stillen brackets are nice. I asked for a discount before to no avail.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Stillen accused me of trying to steal a shipment that arrived late. Also the frame bracket I did keep and use started rusting beneath the paint and continues to do so..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Stillen accused me of trying to steal a shipment that arrived late. Also the frame bracket I did keep and use started rusting beneath the paint and continues to do so..
Wow. Thanks. I will be aware of that. I just got it on. I guess I could spray paint it real quick to give additional protection.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have one! not having a front plate in California is no longer a fix ticket, it's and actual citation that cost around $175 and you still have to put a front plate on your car on top of that.
Serious? When did that change? If you're right, I need to seriously consider getting one of these brackets.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Serious? When did that change? If you're right, I need to seriously consider getting one of these brackets.
I think it changed this year. I had a friend get a ticket

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow. Thanks. I will be aware of that. I just got it on. I guess I could spray paint it real quick to give additional protection.
I will check out the pictures from jmumjr to see whats going on with the bracket. I PM'd him about his experience, and he had a FEDEX problem that turned into a communication issue. Hopefully I can keep any of that from happening in the future at Stillen.

GT-R's are my thing, and I am going to be doing my best to make sure people get what they want.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think it changed this year. I had a friend get a ticket
I've gotten a couple and my understanding was that the officer has an option to make it a fix-it-ticket or a traffic citation (where you still have to show its been fixed but also pay a couple hundred bucks). At least this is what the CHP told me the last time I was pulled over for this (played it off as if he was being nice about it by only giving me the fix-it-ticket).

Anyway, perhaps its changed in the last year but that would certainly suck if it has.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
+1. Sean, alternatively any chance of a group buy discount?

Interested:
1. TuonoR
Let me see what I can do. I would think I would need to see at least 10 orders or so. The MSRP on them is $129, and its currently discounted to $89. Shipping is free.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in this as well.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Hd mine for a few months, and I love it!!!! In fact, let me go this far: DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!! Right Ion and Jeremy??? We all purchased!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.