Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest what would be the quicker 1/4 mile as a stock car?
We don't get dodge in Australia but I read a lot of guys saying their challenger hellcat kicks GTRs to death

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
never raced on from a dig, but have done a roll -- Walked by 4-5 car lengths... Not even close. You could only imagine how much worse the dig race would have been.

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
Just out of interest what would be the quicker 1/4 mile as a stock car?
We don't get dodge in Australia but I read a lot of guys saying their challenger hellcat kicks GTRs to death
Stock as in truly stock no drag radials? A GTR will win. Your average hellcat will run mid 11s on a given night at the strip

My buddy and I went to the 1/4 this past spring. with drag radial on his we ran them on what happened to be the worst prepped strip ever and because of this we traded 11.1-11.2 back and forth a couple times.

I finally pulled out a [email protected] to his [email protected] That was with drag radials on his car. The prep was so bad another hellcat that was manual and stock tires was running 12s the same day. Perfect conditions it would have been close as both cars would have been high 10s. Without those tires he would have been lucky to have seen 11.5-11.6 on a track like that

So with drag radials they run pretty close but stock if a GTR owner runs 11.0s it will be 4+ tenths off stock for stock tires

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
I can tell you from experience a modded r35 vs a stock hellcat in a roll race was not evenly remotely close. Was surprised it came with 275 squared.

·
Make soap.
304 Posts
If both went straight from showroom to 1/4 strip, the GTR wins. Put it on a real track with corners, GTR wins.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The hellcat is the 800 lb gorilla in the room because with drag tires the hell cat is not slow. In fact it can be a 10.6 car at the strip. In good weather these cars trap 128-129. So a stock gtr will not win from a roll unless the challenger spins. The 2015-2016 will do especially bad agains a hellcat on a well preped strip. The nismo hasn't officially broken into the 10's stock however on street legal drag tires the challengers regularly run 10s' at the track. A co-worker of mines brother recently bought a hell cat callenger. I take it with a grain of salt but apparently he ran at a track somwhere in Wisconsin and ran a 10.59 @ 129 stock on drag tires.....im not sure is this is true but that is as quick as any 93 gtr on boltons. Just sayin. Gtr especially stock is very middle of the road now. The 2013's used to run 10.8's consistently.....now the car is a joke stock. Traps like an m3 lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
The hellcat is the 800 lb gorilla in the room because with drag tires the hell cat is not slow. In fact it can be a 10.6 car at the strip. In good weather these cars trap 128-129. So a stock gtr will not win from a roll unless the challenger spins. The 2015-2016 will do especially bad agains a hellcat on a well preped strip. The nismo hasn't officially broken into the 10's stock however on street legal drag tires the challengers regularly run 10s' at the track. A co-worker of mines brother recently bought a hell cat callenger. I take it with a grain of salt but apparently he ran at a track somwhere in Wisconsin and ran a 10.59 @ 129 stock on drag tires.....im not sure is this is true but that is as quick as any 93 gtr on boltons. Just sayin. Gtr especially stock is very middle of the road now. The 2013's used to run 10.8's consistently.....now the car is a joke stock. Traps like an m3 lol
Just curious..do you have a GT-R?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Just sayin. Gtr especially stock is very middle of the road now. The 2013's used to run 10.8's consistently.....now the car is a joke stock. Traps like an m3 lol
Ouch....You know what is coming next.

But quite frankly, if you only care about 1/4mile, trap speed, roll racing, then you probably have the wrong perception on what a GTR is all about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
http://automo.bi/1WwdBi9

Interesting article I just read comparing the two
Weird. In the article, the Hellcats times were supposedly accurate but the GTR times all said estimated. Its like they didn't run it.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
roll race the GTR would lose though?

edit ----- saw this but confused. you walked or got walked?
He's saying he walked the Hellcat and since they don't launch well, a dig race would have been worse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts