Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys I need a break down on what parts I need to replace my keys.
I want to start with a fresh ignition code so I think that means replacing both keys plus what ever parts inside the car thanks?

·
Registered
794 Posts
no need to replace nothing ,just go the dealer and ask for re-programming of all key fobs that you have .When they do that it will generate new ignition and unlock codes and reset the whole system .That's why when you buy new key fob you'll need the old one too so both are using the same new code,so old keyfobs that are not re-programmed will not work on that car anymore -hope that makes sense and helps .....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers so what's the go with that metal tag in the manual?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if that was stolen should i get that replaced? If replaced does that mean just the door car locks that need replacing or is there other electronics?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well if that was stolen should i get that replaced? If replaced does that mean just the door car locks that need replacing or is there other electronics?
the key blade can only open the door manually but can't start it ,so yea you should replace the door locks if you want to be 100% secure .But to be honest with you not that many people know how and where exactly is the door lock to manually access the gtr with only the key blade .If I'm in your situation ,I wouldn't replace the blade and the door locks ..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cheers so what's the go with that metal tag in the manual?
I wouldn't worry too much. Just getting the blade key made requires the key coming from Japan. I want to say it would have been abut $300-$400 when I went to get a second blade key made- I talked to a couple of dealers including Boulder Nissan on the board here. I looked into it since my care only came with one key fob and one blade key. I could get a bunch of Infiniti key fobs for only $60 each, but the blank blade keys they came with are useless with the GTR. I have never used the blade key, but I have 4 key fobs now.

Regards,
Justin Wade

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wadejg pm'd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.