Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Want to get rid of that muddy bass the oem BOSE system give you? Why not upgrade with a direct subwoofer upgrade using the factory enclosure while keeping your GTR looking oem. We have done many GTR subwoofer upgrades using MOREL/ GENESIS packages and the sound is a day and night diffrence. Give us a call today for your complete SUB UPGRADE KIT today.

MOREL

The Elate SW woofers are Morel's solution for deep and accurate bass reproduction. Engineered to be utilized in a wide array of applications, the Elate SW Subwoofers employ the new Uniflow aluminum die-cast chassis, which has a shallow aerodynamic design to minimize sound reflection distortion. The large-diameter 75mm (3.0") Hexatech voice coil supports a one-piece DPC shallow cone, enabling the loudspeaker profile to remain low while preventing cone breakup distortion at high levels. The Elate SW subwoofers combine outstanding power handling capability with a compact size.

GENESIS AMPLIFIERS.

Our Profile and Profile Ultra series balance the need for compact chassis, high efficiency and class leading sound quality.
The low mounting profile lends this series it's name, and allows installation where other amplifiers won't fit.
Vari-speed thermal management and innovative Class G technology yield excellent power outputs in small spaces with freedom from overheating, an all too common problem with other compact amplifiers.
As you would expect from Genesis the sound quality and features are second to none

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Anyone that bought this... please leave a review. Want to see how much better this is compared to stock. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone that bought this... please leave a review. Want to see how much better this is compared to stock. Thanks!
Here you go,

I bought this setup from Adrey at Specialized Performance after hearing about these Morel 9'' Subwoofers that directly replace the stock bose subs. The setup consists of:

(2) Morel Elate SW 9'' Subwoofers
(1) Genesis Profile Mono Amp
(1) Genesis 2Ch amp interface (integrates amp into factory radio)
Hushmat Sound Deadening Material
4 Ga Amp Kit

The Hushmat sound deadening (similar to Dynamat) covered the rear seat area and some was used inside the stock subwoofer box.

Impressions:
I'm very impressed with this upgrade. The bass is a lot cleaner and much louder than I expected. I wasn't expecting too much extra noise from these 9'' subs considering they are the same size as stock and considering the fact that the stock subwoofer box was re-used (free-air setup). However, it's definitely a noticeable increase in sound level and quality. I would highly recommend this setup to someone looking for a basic upgrade to the stock stereo. Everything is direct plug and play and the guys at Jotech Motorsports were also impressed with the ease of install and the improvement in sound.

Another positive is that this setup barely adds any weight. I think the hushmat added 6-8 lbs and the subs are not much heavier than the stock ones. Also, you get to retain all of your trunk space!

If you are going to upgrade the subs (or even if you don't), the sound deadening is a MUST. Doesn't matter whether you use hushmat or dynamat, but it's necessary to prevent rattles from the increased bass. The hushmat eliminated most of the rattles in my GT-R.

Thanks to Adrey @ Specialized Performance for a good deal. He was very helpful and even got in touch with Jotech (installer) to give install tips since he has installed this setup before.

Also, thanks to Jotech Motorsports for a clean and quick install!
Edited by SwissMTNAlien, 25 February 2011 - 08:03 PM.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've read that the subs and our their mounting has been updated/upgraded for the 2013 models. Any truth to this? I think they sound decent just not loud enough especially with road noise.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've read that the subs and our their mounting has been updated/upgraded for the 2013 models. Any truth to this? I think they sound decent just not loud enough especially with road noise.
You are correct. The 2013 BE we just worked on had the new sub-woofers and sounded ok, but the customer wanted a bit more as he was complaining about the same thing, and we also sound insulated the rear when we did the subs. It made a huge diff, and took away the road noise he was having.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
GODZILLA_GTR - it looks like the amp Adrey is offering has frequency cut off controls, if this is the case; it should be night and day. If the Genesis amp interface also has these controls, even better. This will allow you to really dial in the sub until your heart's content. In my set up (SW9 Morel subs and JL Audio XD 600/1), I cut out all frequencies from 60Hz and up. Bass is realistic, tight and hits much harder than I expected; I actually had headaches for the first few days. Don't stop at the subs, upgrade the entire system from the stock amps back, then you'll realize just how bad "Blose" really is. I just couldn't take it anymore.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts