Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has a body shop, and I told him about the supposed special care needed to fix this color. I remember hearing about a special manual or set of instructions that was available to explain how to do this, but can't find it. Does anyone know where I can get this? Thanks!

·
Registered
914 Posts
When you look up the color KAB Nissan gtr on Google different manufacturers will tell you about their product and its correct application. I had my SS 2010 GTR repaired recently as i had a small blemish in the rear qtr, Look for my post under Super Silver repair minor. My car came out perfect. My shop that repaired it is in NY you might want to check out my before and after photos.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw your thread, your repair came out great! I just wanted to find Nissan's mysterious (supposedly very long) instruction book, just because I heard it existed. I am sure if I actually needed paintwork, any decent shop could do it. Pretty sure it is just paint, and you don't really need Nissan's magic fairy dust to make it sparkle! Thanks for the info, though...

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
From my understanding it's just paint.....any good body shop with the correct color code should be able to reapir it with no problem....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might be it, it's just not as impressive as a 75 page pdf...It's like bigfoot...often discussed, never seen,lol!

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
From my understanding it's just paint.....any good body shop with the correct color code should be able to reapir it with no problem....
no i think it's more complicated than that. I remember another member posting a few months ago that disclosed that the base layer in SS is black...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Cav777 You are correct it is not just point and shoot paint repair.The undercoat is black and extra sanding and coats of paint and clear are interchanged. But, I do agree that any high end shop should be capable enough to paint SS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts