Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I followed the build of this car. All I can say is wow!! I think this is one of the most extensive builds I have seen yet. SVM has done some monster things

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
hi guys,

just got back from RAF Marham in Norfork UK which is a military base. the whole run way is 1.5 miles but from where we start the run to where we have to start braking is 1.1 mile

pretty amazing we made it at all considering the gtr was in pieces the night before, real last minuite putting new untested albins box and final drive in

First thing in the morning 7am the heavens opened and didn't stop raining all day, im talking standing water on the surface with a trail of vapor behind each car running

I had to heavily back off 1st,2nd & 3rd power until 5th gear full throttle just to keep her in straiht line. she ran like a champ with zero issues. two 214mph runs then 216.8 and last run 217.97

She had no less than 3 separate vboxes attached, one a racelogic video recorder.

Was weighed and i'll confirm asap but was pretty much full weigh, full interior, roll bar, and back seats, with toyo R888's 20in

http://www.lancerreg...ventid=20120317

Even if it had been dry the hulk struggles for traction, but we believe she is good for 220mph + in one mile

More to come soon

Big Thanks to Hulk supporters-

Albins
Bridgeway Crankshaft
Nitron Suspension
Thistle & Joe @ Cobb Tuning
Marston Aerospace
Dixel Brakes

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I think she is good for about a 222 mph Ben. Good driving in that sheet. English rains are on a different level

·
SVM
73 Posts
Hello my name kevan owner of the Hulk, (sorry about our car's daft name)
Yes the car did Break the Top speed R35 Record in the Rain Now confirmed @218.03mph
The track was 1.5mile however a walled braking zone was inplace and the start was 300m onto the main straight
in affect had about 1 mile, on a very wet track
below 180mph massive wheel spin, the car couldnt get going, we did four runs, 214mph/216mph217mph and the final 218.03 mph (full trim and wings)
The Hulk is now the fastest R35 in the world (recorded by Race logic Vbox x4 of them)@RAF Marham uk
Hoping to take him to 225mph within a dry one mile event asap, hope you guys like, took 12 months of hard work
kk

·
SVM
73 Posts
Not long if AMS has anything to do with it lol
(but we will take the title for now)

how ever we do have approx 10/15mph in the locker (with this set up)
and looking forward to a dry run, cant rain in the uk all the time !!
keep you posted
kk

·
SVM
73 Posts
ASAP..looking for a venue
We know in GTR land Records are broken very quickly, so we are hoping to Raise the bar a little higher
This car has had some stick, from some,
we hope he comes good as one of the Top GTRs, also looking at 1/4mile run very soon (to put us on the map)
218mph isnt a bad first time out ! (even by US stds)
kk

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Hello my name kevan owner of the Hulk, (sorry about our car's daft name)
Yes the car did Break the Top speed R35 Record in the Rain Now confirmed @218.03mph
The track was 1.5mile however a walled braking zone was inplace and the start was 300m onto the main straight
in affect had about 1 mile, on a very wet track
below 180mph massive wheel spin, the car couldnt get going, we did four runs, 214mph/216mph217mph and the final 218.03 mph (full trim and wings)
The Hulk is now the fastest R35 in the world (recorded by Race logic Vbox x4 of them)@RAF Marham uk
Hoping to take him to 225mph within a dry one mile event asap, hope you guys like, took 12 months of hard work
kk
Congrats on an awesome build. I read your build thread on gtroc, love your philosophy of the build..

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson should present this car @ Top Gear just for the hell of it! I 'd love to see his face while doing 220 mph in a GTR....
i dunno if Clarkson would get over its image which is very boy racer looking in a lot of peoples opinions. regardless that trans and engine is something else and putting very nice power out! can't wait to hear more performance numbers and i hope you get good luck on idea conditions for those numbers

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.