Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed after having the Stillen sways installed that I get occasional clunking sound from the front and occasionally the rear. This happens when I hit bumps at low speeds, such as my driveway entry, speed bumps, etc.

Is this normal, or might the end links be loose or need adjustment?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I've noticed after having the Stillen sways installed that I get occasional clunking sound from the front and occasionally the rear. This happens when I hit bumps at low speeds, such as my driveway entry, speed bumps, etc.

Is this normal, or might the end links be loose or need adjustment?
It's normal. If you are using adjustable endlinks, they may have loosen up a little bit, use some lock tight and it will temporarily let the noise go away until those stuff don't work anymore. At that point, just reapply.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
I have the Stillen bars on my car and was getting the same noise. I investigated and discovered that the urethane bushings got dried out and need to be re-greased. I used a healthy dose of a clear di-electric grease and the noise has been completely gone for weeks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am noticing the same thing on very rough roads at slow speeds.
I was not sure of what the noise could be and plan on having Sharif take a quick look as I am also getting the ticking noise when making very tight right hand turns that I have been told was due to the tie-rods being lose?

Anyway, I just had the Stillen sway bars put in last week. I have a set of Hotchkiss sways on my 350Z and never heard anything like this.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have had swaybars on pretty much every vehicle I've owned and never had clunking or popping. Double check the endlink adjustments and tension. Also grease bushings and double check torque specs. We recently installed Stillens and have had no noises.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
If it is a squeaking sound then lube all the bushings (try use better grease). If the sways are making knocking sound then re-tight the end links or brackets (try to replace the nut to self locking nut or use blue loctite).

Just my 0.2 cents.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lubing the bushings was key. Noises gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts