Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
Nice. Jason must be jumping up and down!!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Love it.
Jason you are gonna have one hell of a ride. again.....lol

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Awesome stuff, Jason! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Drool city!!!

Soooooo......going to need a big ass "X" on that manifold cover to make it E1k-X

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Congrats Jason!

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This will be on the Syvecs S8 standalone, we ran ProEFI on it previously.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Quick question (depending how you look at it.) So what is the difference between Syvecs S8, proEFI and Cobb/ Ecutek? So once you have Syvecs you don't need cobb or Ecuteck? I know alot of the guys seemed to be up grading to Syvecs on the High hp builds so is it essentially a different Ecu and Cobb or ecutek being a "tune" on the existing ecu? My bad i'm just a bit confused.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
^^ The Syvecs is a replacement ECU. The Cobb / Ecutek is just a flash using the factory computer. The Syvecs gives you a ton more options when it comes to flex fuel and fine calibration. It's the difference in a set amount of fields (ecutek/cobb) vs the whole ecu (Syvecs)

Can't wait to see how Jason's car turns out.

Michael

·
Registered
943 Posts
Makes sence. Thanks for explanation Michael . Good luck to those involved with the project this should end up being a cool build.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am curious as to why the switch was made from Proefi to Syvecs? Would the proefi not have been capable of providing what was needed in the continued development of this beast?

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
No problem, i'm not involved, but I really do like the Syvecs unit. We have one for our GT-R which should be finished up in the next week or so. Can't wait to jump in and start using it.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts