Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Hello Everyone.

Last Tuesday we rented Summit Motorsports Park to see how some of our cars would do in the 1/4 mile. This was our first time taking a GTR down the strip and overall it was a good day.

There was roughly a 10-15mph headwind all day and temps peaked at 65F, track temps struggled to get above 80F. This made for a very slick starting line. The E900 GTR recorded the best 60' of the day, a 1.56. Car was tuned for E85 pump gas.

Below is a video of the two best runs of the day:

E900 timeslip:

E900 on 20" BBS LM's:

This package features our V2 turbochargers which are stock turbo manifold and housing turbos. The engine in this particular car is stock, however it is recommended that you upgrade the engine with our forged internal engine build.

It was really awesome to watch the car run in the 9's the with the same exact wheels and tires he runs on the street everyday. His wife even takes the kids to lacrosse camp in it!

- Neil

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks Tym for building such a killer street car! The reliability this car has shown with all the abuse I've given it is astounding.

I should have some more street dig/roll videos coming next week against some pretty quick local liter bikes/turbo mustangs.

My wife hit a WOT 7k 2-3 shift yesterday and after she stopped screaming....she admitted is was really cool. I could never get her to even ride in my Supra, but she loves driving the GTR around.

I believe this e900 is now the world's fastest stock motor GTR by a considerable margin? And also the world's fastest stock frame turbo GTR? And to think it only took 5 months to get Tym's schedule and my schedule coordinated to take a day off and go to the track!!! I suspect the next time this car will hit the track will be at the TK2K11 meet. That should be a good meet if we can get actual customers racing their cars from the shops who market on this forum. Look forward to hopefully seeing a bunch of cars down there.

·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seing this only makes me sure than p800 can hit 10.1 at least.
I have a feeling that on a set of DR's with proper suspension and tuning it would be really close to that. 99% of our P800 owners run their cars on the track, the road course that is, not a drag strip.

[email protected] ran his car on shredded road course tires with a terrible 60' and 1/8th it still ran a 10.5 at 138mph.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Equally impressive as the R1K runs! Incredible car you have there Jamie. Excellent job team Switzer!

·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ohio had a real bad luck with the tranny. Well for all his troubles he does have a the fastest stock block car.
Jamie was running the first twin 8 plate clutch system in the world at the time from Dodson/Switzer. There were some slight issues that kept the trans from operating properly that are now fully resolved with some changes in machining on the hard parts themselves. The GR6 is just as electronic as it is mechanical, if there is anything that it detects as "out of the ordinary" it will go into limp mode or not shift properly or at all.

Needless to say the car shifts perfectly now and from the above posts you can tell that Jamie and entire family is having fun with the car, which really means more to us than any dyno sheet or record time slip, even though those are nice to have...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.