Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm not sure where the finish line is, but when I paused the vid at 0:11, the GTR is ahead by about 1.5 cars. I haven't seen that many vids of Switzer GTR's at the TI's or 1/2 mile events but perhaps we'll start seeing more.

Description says better footage will be coming soon...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Switzer claims that the X package makes around 1750 WHP. I have no idea what the "X" version of Lambo's are making. Secondly, Switzer is saying that this car did 218 mph in 1500'. That seems damn fast considering that the Alpha Omega car did 203 in 1500', unless I'm mistaken.

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
I was mistaken, based on the speeds and distances done by the front wheels it hit 207-210 in 1500ft after the brake was released at the start according to the Syvecs. Not TI timing system, not vbox, so take it with a grain of salt. It did hit 218mph, though.

Regardless, it was in front at the stripe.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was mistaken, based on the speeds and distances done by the front wheels it hit 207-210 in 1500ft after the brake was released at the start according to the Syvecs. Not TI timing system, not vbox, so take it with a grain of salt. It did hit 218mph, though.

Regardless, it was in front at the stripe.
I still think that's impressive Neil.

By the way, was there a reason you didn't run it with vbox?

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
We did have a vbox in the car. It flaked out and they couldn't get it to work properly. Now I know why I see two in some of the cars...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Switzer claims that the X package makes around 1750 WHP. I have no idea what the "X" version of Lambo's are making. Secondly, Switzer is saying that this car did 218 mph in 1500'. That seems damn fast considering that the Alpha Omega car did 203 in 1500', unless I'm mistaken.
X packages make a LOT more than 1750whp.....

Even though Switzer guys refused to run the X package Huracan, good win here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
X packages make a LOT more than 1750whp.....

Even though Switzer guys refused to run the X package Huracan, good win here.
what would have been different? gallardo X and huracan X are the same. Actually the gallardo X is the one that has the fastest speed in the 1/2 mile.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Those are Kevin`s (UGR) words on this particular event.

We went up to get some testing in before TI. We took the Huracan and the silver Gallardo to this event. The silver car got a bad start and didnt have enough time to run the much slower "S.W.I.T.Z.E.R" White GTR down. Awesome's GTR beat that Same "S.W.I.T.Z.E.R" GTR very easily then the TT Huracan took down the fastet GTR at the event which was Awesome's IVEY tuned GTR.

The "S.W.I.T.Z.E.R" GTR would not race the TT Huracan for good reason or re race the Silver TT G.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
We did have a vbox in the car. It flaked out and they couldn't get it to work properly. Now I know why I see two in some of the cars...
It is pretty annoying when you look at the data and see things way off or not even recorded. Happened to me a couple of times and not fun.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those are Kevin`s (UGR) words on this particular event.
That's the truth, anybody who was at that event knows the truth. They did not want to run again. I remember even hearing one of the guys telling the driver, you want to go out on high. Seriously you came to run the car then run it.

·
Banned
236 Posts
They had tranny issues at the track that day at pocono, hopefully this time out in October even for slipstream they will race all contenders and prove themselves

What 1/4mile times has this car ran and et times ?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts