Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the forum currently running the Switzer P600 (Intro Tuning Package) setup? Can you chime in with your thoughts and experiences for this setup? I am considering this package in the future.

Thanks,

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Members that have or had the P600 PKG.

evo911
Divexxtreme
VTKnight
hollywood hogan
ItallionStallion

I am sure I am forgetting a few, but they will more than likely share with you their experiences.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The P600 switzer is smooth and powerful...I have an older version of the P600 but love it!
Thanks HH, can you elaborate a bit more on the differences you noticed versus the stock set up; i.e., turbos spooling early, later, longer, car pulls a lot harder, night and day difference; kind of your overall driving impression.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks HH, can you elaborate a bit more on the differences you noticed versus the stock set up; i.e., turbos spooling early, later, longer, car pulls a lot harder, night and day difference; kind of your overall driving impression.
Hey Vapiano, I purchased my car with the P600 kit already installed so I cannot give you a comparison between stock, but I can give you a comparison between the P600 and Cobb OTS tunes.

The P600 felt amazingly smooth, the power was instant and the pull seemed to continue throughout all rpms. I accidentally flashed the Cobb Stage 1 tune (dumb mistake by me) and the power felt like it was gone, it now FELT like it had some turbo lag whereas with the P600 the power seemed to always be there even at low rpms. I recently switched to the Cobb beta stage 2 tune and the car does drive much better. It seems close to what the P600 tune was but still not quite. I was simply amazed at how smooth the P600 tune felt. Again the power was there at the low rpm's and the car just kept pulling.

I am hoping Switzer can help me out with getting the P600 tune as the previous owner of my car, who has the P600 tune hasn't responded to my emails.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hi - I had the P600 kit on my car and to say I was satisfied is an understatement!

I will attach a few videos of my car in action...

Switzer treated me like I was an R1K customer (which I later became;) and not their entry level package buyer.

Tym Switzer himself road tested my car and made all of the adjustments. I ran a best time of 10.9 @ 129 MPH - and that is with the shift mode in normal (which cost me RPM's and a likely 10.7 @ 130 MPH+). The exhaust is pretty much my favourite part of the car (and still is on my R1K set up). Almost no drone and quiet unless you hit it.

Consistant times and even better support. I sent a bazillion data logs to Switzer just to make sure everything is running smoothly and for any tweaks - which they were more than happy to provide.

When I say I was in constant contact - Neil and Ethan will tell you I was in CONSTANT contact. They were beyond supportive of my (again) entry level build.

I have said it before - they are a true Team FAMILY who looks out for their customers - who really become friends. Check out the R1K thread on the R35 Forums if you want to see customer support.

I can't recommend them enough!

Good Luck with your build!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really like the P600 kit. I installed the exhaust myself, which proved to be fairly easy (having a lift doesn't hurt). I loaded the AccessPORT with the three maps that Switzer provided via email and flashed the ECU with no problems (being able to toggle between maps with the cruise control is pretty sweet).

I can really feel the performance difference in a seat-of-the-pants way. The turbos don't seem to spool sooner (if they did, the power might overcome traction), but the car does feel like it pulls harder with a smooth, linear acceleration. At the drag strip on a cool autumn night, I ran as low as 11.3 on pump gas (93). I can't wait to get back to Mid-Ohio next year for open track events.

For some idea of how the exhaust note changes, check out this before-and-after video that I put together:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like the P600 kit. I installed the exhaust myself, which proved to be fairly easy (having a lift doesn't hurt). I loaded the AccessPORT with the three maps that Switzer provided via email and flashed the ECU with no problems (being able to toggle between maps with the cruise control is pretty sweet).

I can really feel the performance difference in a seat-of-the-pants way. The turbos don't seem to spool sooner (if they did, the power might overcome traction), but the car does feel like it pulls harder with a smooth, linear acceleration. At the drag strip on a cool autumn night, I ran as low as 11.3 on pump gas (93). I can't wait to get back to Mid-Ohio next year for open track events.

For some idea of how the exhaust note changes, check out this before-and-after video that I put together:
11.3 for the P600!? That is impressive and the exhaust sounds killer! I am actually thinking of the P800 kit now and need to make a decision either way. Thanks for adding your results.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Does anyone know if Switzer will ship out the P600 package to another state to have it installed by another shop? I think that their package is well thought out and competitive in terms of price, but I don't to take my car all the way over there to get it installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went there in my MDX and bought the P600 kit and took it home to install myself. He was willing to ship to me, I just wanted to visit and talk. Great people and very helpful. Treated me like I was spending $100,000.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Awesome, I think I'm going to with them soon (waiting for warranty to expire). Does the P600 warrant tranny upgrades? I know 1st gear could be stronger, but I've never launched the car and might only do it occasionally if I have LC5 or something similar.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.