Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone,

I thought I would post on my Switzer R1K build and give you some feedback on kit so far...

As you may or may not know - I have already had the Switzer P600 kit on my car and thought it was pretty awesome by itself. I ran high 10's at almost 130 MPH with stock OEM Bridgestones - with 1.85+ 60 foot times.

Going forward, I found that I really enjoyed blogging about my experiences and posting my many videos on my Youtube channel (with one even being picked up by Motortrend) - so I decided I wanted to go to the next level that would keep this new found passion of mine going.

I already had a very good relationship with Switzer - which by itself made me want to move forward with them. I thought; if they treat me this well with a P600 entry level package, I'm pretty sure I can expect something similiar when moving towards an R1K build.

I was right. I knwo it sounds hokey, but I really got to know everyone there and each of them went out of their way to make everything right. Tym Switzer Sr. was a blast to talk to and his engine building skills are truly without equal. They were on time and delivered a product that exceeded all of my expectations - especially since the R1K is advertised as 1000 crank HP - they consistantly pulled 1000 awhp+ on 5 successive Mustang Dyno pulls (the best being 1014 I believe).

Pump gas didn't disappoint either with successive Mustang Dyno pulls over 800 awhp - the best being close to 820.
At the moment I only have one race fuel dyno sheet (a 1004 awhp pull). I will be getting the pump gas and higher race fuel dyno sheets shortly.

I know everyone talks about how driveable these kits are - but I was REALLY impressed! As Scott said, the car sounds throaty and pissed off when revved or WOT, but it was no different than my P600 setup at cruising speeds. The shift-linkage is very smooth despite a massive Pro-max clutch.
My first time in the car was to test the first race fuel setting (I have four pump gas settings and four race fuel settings). Although it was only the first setting (which I guess to be around 850 awhp) I am not ashamed to admit it actually scared me the first time I hit it in 3rd gear. The response is IMMEDIATE and does not abate all teh way to the 8000 RPM redline. It truly is a different car at at WOT. Going up to kill mode was just stupid - that's all I have to say about that. My poor stock, beat up and worn, OEM bridgestones were having a hard time keeping traction despite taking off in mid 3rd gear.

The fit and finish on the engine is just beautiful - I will post a pick of the engine bay as well.

Overall - there really is nothing to else to say except that Switzer delivers. Period.

I thougth I would post a video that contains many of the build pictures...it's pretty basic, but I think you will get a kick out of it;

I also have two Mustang Dyno pulls on video;

Thanks again to Neil and Ethan for always taking care of me - Tym Sr. for his unreal engine building skills, and of course Tym Switzer and his team for creating this awesome car!

Cheers!

Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Many congrats, Jeremy!! And great will power you got there in keeping this hush hush all this time, lol.

Keep us posted and get some numbers for us. I hope for you to enjoy it in the best of health, brother.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I liked your song selection: Europe - Final Countdown!

Question, do you think R1K is enough for ya? Why not R1KX instead? 1250 awhp is always better than 1000 awhp LOL!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Question, do you think R1K is enough for ya? Why not R1KX instead? 1250 awhp is always better than 1000 awhp LOL!
That was pathetic, Skyliner.

How about giving the man his props and congrats rather than degrading his package selection?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on the build! Looking forward to see what you do with this beast!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congratulations!! But now I feel so puny..........

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
That was pathetic, Skyliner.

How about giving the man his props and congrats rather than degrading his package selection?
Who is degrading? LOL = laughing out loud = humour = joking = kidding. I thought you were familiar with that!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HI everyone - thanks for your comments and well wishes...Skyliner - honestly - the R1K suited my needs best. I leave the ULTRA extreme to Divexxtreme!
That said - the car feels SO fast that I don't think I will ever be anything less than VERY happy with the power levels I have...

Fadhi - it was hard to keep silent about - but I wanted to wait until everything was ready. I am very happy with how it turned out - especially on pump gas (I don't have the dyno sheet yet - but I am told it was almost 820).

I am in fact going to the track this Saturday (or Sunday depending on the weather) - but I am only doing low boost runs in pump gas (likely without LC) as I just don't have the tire for anything else. I will be happy if my poor tires can hook up with the lower boost settings.

I will be getting the proper tires in the Spring and going for some serious race fuel runs once the weather is up to it...

Jeff - your car is awesome! I was getting an R900, but an opportunity came up and I went for it! Maybe one day I can make a run at NASA like yourself!

Tim - don't worry about me documenting it - I will video all of my runs for everyone to see!

Thanks again for your support everyone!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Obviously any R1K kit must be accompanied by a super full high definition video camera that will film the slaughter of Hayabusas, Veyrons and turbo Vettes LOL

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
What tires are you looking at for the R1K? Do you have a specific low boost drag ECU map for race mix? Good luck on this weekend...post some vids if you can!

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Excellent write up Jeremy, it was a great pleasure to work with you on this build. Can't wait to see more vids!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What tires are you looking at for the R1K? Do you have a specific low boost drag ECU map for race mix? Good luck on this weekend...post some vids if you can!
That is a great question...I thought at first I might be able to get away with an R888 setup - I heard good things about them for the track. That said - some people I spoke with had other views saying the R888 is NOT good for daily drving and even worse in the rain. So - it looks like I am going to have to invest in some 18" rims and race specific tires (Mickey Thompson, or Nitto's). And to be honest - if I really want to get the best times possible - I should be going with the drag radials. I was just lazy to get them changed everytime I go to the track...

I will do my normal insane level of research before I make a decision.

I do have 8 different Boost Modes. Four for Pump - and these are guesses; ~550, ~650, ~750, ~820. Four for Race - ~850, ~900, ~950, ~1000+.

I'm going to try level 2 and maybe level 3...I will post all of my videos and slips...

Thanks again everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Nice sleeper. Congrats on the build, great choice of kit.

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
That is a great question...I thought at first I might be able to get away with an R888 setup - I heard good things about them for the track. That said - some people I spoke with had other views saying the R888 is NOT good for daily drving and even worse in the rain. So - it looks like I am going to have to invest in some 18" rims and race specific tires (Mickey Thompson, or Nitto's). And to be honest - if I really want to get the best times possible - I should be going with the drag radials. I was just lazy to get them changed everytime I go to the track...

I will do my normal insane level of research before I make a decision.

I do have 8 different Boost Modes. Four for Pump - and these are guesses; ~550, ~650, ~750, ~820. Four for Race - ~850, ~900, ~950, ~1000+.

I'm going to try level 2 and maybe level 3...I will post all of my videos and slips...

Thanks again everyone!
I've had good luck with CCW classics with Mickey Thompsons...look into them when you are ready...quality at a fair price. I have set for the SL65 and on the E55 (when I still had it).

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Neil - Thank-YOU my friend!

GT3240x2 - It is a sleeper that is true!

AMGFan - I may in fact look you up when the time is right - thanks!

EDIT: the rims are the right colour too!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Congrats!!! Now were really going to have to make this happen
Are you going to texas? If not, let me know when your ready for some sunny SoFla weather.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats!!! Now were really going to have to make this happen
Are you going to texas? If not, let me know when your ready for some sunny SoFla weather.
LOL - I was off by 2 posts (I thought you would respond at #20 or so...).

So I've heard alot about you - are you sure you will race me if I actually get down there? I know I will race...

That said - we have some beautiful weather up here in the Spring/Summer - so let me know how you feel about that as well...

Looking forward to it.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts