Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Hello everyone.

Yesterday we rented Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. This the first time we have taken a GTR out to a drag strip to record performance and data. Overall it was a good day. Our R1K package ran a best of 9.38 at 155.29 and a best trap speed of 156.44

First, a video from in the cockpit:

Video from starting line:

R1K timeslips:

There was a 10-15mph headwind all day and temps peaked at 65F, track temps struggled to get above 80F. This made for a very slick starting line, as you can see (and hear) the car spun the tires in first and second gear. The E900 GTR recorded the best 60' of the day, a 1.56.

I will add that our best 60-130mph for the R1K that day was a 3.96.

There is a massive amount of pictures and video from everyone and it is coming in today. As I cut together videos edit pictures they will be posted here.

- Neil

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Nice

·
Aм labelled as a trouble мAкE&#1
1,522 Posts
congrats!! looking forward for the videos and pics

·
4,747 Posts
Congrats!

A better 60' on R1k would have resulted in 9 flat!

MAn 60-130 in 3.9 is TT G territory!

Congrats once again!

9.8 on street tires is moving too!!!

Switzer cars are rocking!!

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How accurate is the G meter on the Vbox? I guess a better question is how does 1 G of force feel on your face? That car sounds crazy. Good run though.
10hz sampling, so yes it is rather accurate. One of the early runs we saw had a spike close to 2g's when it hit 2nd gear.

Thanks everyone!

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Nice launch!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Thats kick ass, congrats

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Attached is the verified graph of the 60-130 portion of this run. Max Long G's during this run were 1.27. Congrats, Switzer!

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Vid is great. Looking forward to seeing more vids as you guys get time to edit. That 60-130 time is absolutely nuts
Tym did a really nice job getting the car out of the hole as well

G

·
Amazing work guys. I guess all those corn field didn't slow you down that much.

Can you give us a general idea of how much tranny work was done on this car? Was Shep involved?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts