Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my fully built hks transmission from hks technical factory and i am looking to protect my investment.i also recently purchased the t1 brace and bl solid trans mount. Are these enough to prevent any damage even running 1k hp?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just received my fully built hks transmission from hks technical factory and i am looking to protect my investment.i also recently purchased the t1 brace and bl solid trans mount. Are these enough to prevent any damage even running 1k hp?
Ist thingI would be doing is asking advice for HKS. 2nd, f you have protected the tranny what happens with the differentials and also tranny internals as you are only protecting, or trying to protect the tranny case from breaking.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any advice on the differentials? Maybe hks usa can offer their inputs here. But seems like most users of the hks gearbox doesnt use the t1 brace,correct me if i m wrong.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
The T1 brace was designed to support the weak area in the cast differential casing due to sudden torque loads. Seems to be popular among drag racers that use aggressive launching and aggressive traction. This is designed to protect your differential.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that means i got the differential covered. Any advice on other parts that needs to be covered on the trans from damage due to aggressive traction or launch? Yes the t1 brace seems to be a must get for many drag racers!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
So that means i got the differential covered. Any advice on other parts that needs to be covered on the trans from damage due to aggressive traction or launch? Yes the t1 brace seems to be a must get for many drag racers!
With HKS transmission upgrades and diff brace I think there isn't much else you can do except upgrade the rear axles.

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.