Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Somehow the odd/reverse clutch pack failed in my Promax clutches on Thursday evening at TX2K, took it to the Dyno Day at Hennessey and enjoyed the day, pulled a few strings and were able to get on a lift that evening. The guys at T1 (almost all of them) rocked it going with a spare set. Huge thanks to Tony Palo and his crew not allowing my weekend to be cut short! I put this car through the paces Wed-Sunday!

Additional side note, we found out that the car was just on wastegate in 1st gear the whole time, car is a ways from done, but it feels phenomenal right now.

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
The best thing about this story is that it's not an isolated incident, it seems every TX2k not only brings everyone together for an incredible event but brings out the best in everyone. I can't tell you how many times i've seen someone loan parts to another racer and even grab some tools and help with the install...I know i've done that at last year's event for a fellow cobra owner. I keep reading so many great things about Tony & his crew at T1, it definitely has my attention for my '09
Reza, seeing your car in person absolutely floor me! Not only is the car clean and well kept, but the build seems as though it couldn't have been cleaner, and well we all know how that tune is working for ya!!!!!
Very glad to see your weekend fun wasn't cut short due to a broken part that couldn't be remedied during the event

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Thanks man, that thing was a PITA to try to keep clean this weekend, and it still got hazed up with little scratches from all the detail spraying, oh well. I'm super thankful that they were able to get it back up and going, and the car feels awesome!

·
T1 Race Development
1,378 Posts
Just a heads up. In switching from LC4 to LC1 on this car one of the clutch capacities went to -7 and caused this problem. ALWAYS double check the clutch settings and do a gear relearn when switching TCM programs!

Luckily we had parts to get her back on the road. It's great working with people like you Reza, you know and understand your car and you're a hell of a driver, you make us proud.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Just a heads up. In switching from LC4 to LC1 on this car one of the clutch capacities went to -7 and caused this problem. ALWAYS double check the clutch settings and do a gear relearn when switching TCM programs!

Luckily we had parts to get her back on the road. It's great working with people like you Reza, you know and understand your car and you're a hell of a driver, you make us proud.
Thanks man, that thing is a blast to drive, you guys kicked so much ass with it! It will be hurting some feelings in April!
I may have to steal Wayne for that weekend, lol.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Great video Reza, it was nice meeting you and seeing that great car of yours.

Tony, I heard you guys were busy on Thursday night but had no idea how. I really need to buy stock in monster energy drinks.

·
O_o
1,656 Posts
I also have to say that T1 is awesome, Wayne helped me out by lending me a hose to drain my fuel tank and was very helpful in giving me advice.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up Tony

Another thing to remember is BETA means use at your own risk. A high end clutch like this can be damaged easily if it doesn't like the amount of drag or slip that it is commanded to do.

·
Like a BOSS
645 Posts
Thanks for the tip!
Tony has always took the time to answer my questions when I call or email him. Your a great asset to the GT-R community!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.