Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Hi Guys,

There are a lot of members here inquiring about which North American company will start to make the exhaust for the MY09 GTR, now here's one from us.

T1R 90R Stainless & Titanium Exhaust system
This exhaust will be available in SUS304 stainless and titanium version. The stainless version will come with titanium tips with gradient finish. Both stainless and Titanium exhaust will have 90mm b-pipe conjuncted into 76mm. About 20~25% weight reduction over stock.

Estimated Retail price $1500~$2000CAD approx. $1160USD ~ $1550USD

T1R SS Down Pipe
The T1R down pipe is made out of SUS304 aircraft stainless with (2) 65mm conjuncted into 90mm. This will competable with stock exhaust. This pipe weighs 15 lbs so approx. 50% lighter stock.

For best results, we highly recommend to use with the T1R 90mm exhaust system.

Estimated Retail Price $650CAD approx. $500USD

We will be performing dyno test in this coming December so as soon as we get this done, we will post up the result A.S.A.P.

Exhaust will be available 2009 spring and Down pipe will be available before Christmas

Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I heard the midpipe with the stock exhaust in person.........it's VERY nice. Not too loud, but low and "rumbly"...and aggressive when you rev it up.

Dare I say...it sounds even better than my HKS mid-pipe. If I didn't have my HKS already, I'd be jumping on this. It's less expensive too!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
yep... if this system really delivers as advertised, this may be the first exhaust I seriously consider.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I heard the midpipe with the stock exhaust in person.........it's VERY nice. Not too loud, but low and "rumbly"...and aggressive when you rev it up.

Dare I say...it sounds even better than my HKS mid-pipe. If I didn't have my HKS already, I'd be jumping on this. It's less expensive too!
Does that mean it's louder than the HKS or does it just have a better tone?

Any droning with just the midpipe installed with the stock exhaust?

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,960 Posts
finally something Canadian!!.. this gonna be awesome..
i can't wait..

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it was built and never dynoed? What kind of R&D was done?
We don't piece all the pipes together to built an exhaust. We just finish building the prototype and we will hit the dyno pretty soon. There will be adjustment made to the exhaust for maximum performance and sound tuning as well.

Sound clips will be coming up soon.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
hmm, so the exhaust look a lot like the Amuse R1 exhaust to me. Other then pricing its the samething from the looks of it.
that's why i like it... no blued tips, good materials, good initial design... not $10k for the whole piece.

what's not to like?

i like the gold tips of the amuse - but not the blued tips of the hks... this appears to be great compromise (if any exist).

work on that sound, and flow - and sign me up for one!

(is the b-pipe going to be separate from the rear section?)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Finally something "affordable"! This is great news. Can't wait to hear how it sounds and review on quality, fitment, performance etc. Seems like everything for the GT-R carries a supercar cost. This is a refreshing change.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Please not being "trying to be an asshole" but all if not most of everyone how bought a new GT-R spent more then sticker a lot went as far as $100,000+ so looking to "cheap out" on parts. If you want to cheap out then Please sell your car and pick up a Honda Civic.

Just my feeling on this that's all. This is a great looking piece and I am not knocking that at all. Plus love to see Dyno sheets also, But if your only reason to buy this is cause of price...well that just isn't right. Times are hard now I will be the first one to admit that. Being in Canada and it should be cheaper to ship anywhere in North America (I'm guessing) It has to be better then shipping it all the way from Japan and since the dollar is super weak then the Yen I'd be more then willing to pick up these parts. OK, I hope you guys understand where I am coming from.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Are you planing on making a race version also I think you guys should increase the piping size a bit more then the Amuse system and I think you should have less bends on it thus making it better (flow) then the Amuse system....I am glad that some companies have realized that not all GTR owners are Richy rich and that we have worked hard to obtain this car and then having the after market rape us(not to offend anyone) in the @$$ is not cool. Thanks for realizing what real world daily driven owners are into. I am considering buying the HKS product but I will now wait and see after a close comparison. Thanks again and good luck on developing all your products.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I'm all into cheap alternatives, there is always a need for this in the tuner world. I am just not into copying other manufacturers work as a means of offering that cheap alternative. That cat back exhaust here is, from what I can see a direct copy of the Amuse R1 exhaust, even the way Amuse connected the tips. Shown without the blue gradation to make it less obvious is my guess.

Copying Amuse because it's the best selling R35 exhaust.

Design your own sh** and stop riding on the backs of others innovation. You don't see the Japanese manufacturers copying each other do you? You can tell each manufacturer's exhaust by the look. Someone running this exhaust, and everyone is going to naturally assume it's an Amuse exhaust and the owner will either let the lie stand or fess up and say, no, I bought that cheap copy of the Amuse exhaust put out on the market to steal business from Amuse.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
it's not that i would buy it because i don't wish to spend the money on mods... (obviously, if amuse had less money, they probably wouldn't have made a product this good to be copied in the first place, and we should support the pioneers of development for our car)

but.... i don't like the gt-r tax. i don't find it fair to gouge us just because of the badge. $80 qt trans fluid? $5k for a front pipe? $10k for a cat-back exhaust?

let's come back down to earth... i appreciate the alternative.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll keep my eye on this.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.