Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have finished making the T1R Prototype Turbo Outlet pipes. We have dynoed the outlet pipes vs T1R 90R exhaust, Voltage stabilizer and mid-pipe (down pipe). Here's the pic of the pipe :

T1R Turbo outlet pipe
- SUS316 76.3mm (3") pipe
- Processed with TIG welding
- comes with mechanic O2 simulator (no CEL)
- 10whp gains at peak / 29whp @ 6000rpm
- T1R weighs 4.32kg (9.5 lbs) vs stock 11.27 kg (24.8 lbs) **6.95kg (15.29 lbs) weight savings**
- Estimated Retail price $1050CAD approx. $795USD
- Releasing date : April 2009 !

The dyno test has been performed with Dynapak AWD dyno and stock was making 409whp. I have attached the dyno chart break down so you can see what power and torque that was making through out the rpm ranges. Dyno numbers are all SAE Corrected.

Regards,

Ben @ AJR

·
Registered
99 Posts
We have finished making the T1R Prototype Turbo Outlet pipes. We have dynoed the outlet pipes vs T1R 90R exhaust, Voltage stabilizer and mid-pipe (down pipe). Here's the pic of the pipe :

T1R Turbo outlet pipe
- SUS316 76.3mm (3") pipe
- Processed with TIG welding
- comes with mechanic O2 simulator (no CEL)
- 10whp gains at peak / 29whp @ 6000rpm
- T1R weighs 4.32kg (9.5 lbs) vs stock 11.27 kg (24.8 lbs) **6.95kg (15.29 lbs) weight savings**
- Estimated Retail price $1050CAD approx. $795USD
- Releasing date : April 2009 !

The dyno test has been performed with Dynapak AWD dyno and stock was making 409whp. I have attached the dyno chart break down so you can see what power and torque that was making through out the rpm ranges. Dyno numbers are all SAE Corrected.

Regards,

Ben @ AJR
oh yeah this price is what im talking about

·
Registered
157 Posts
UGH!!!!!! Hurry up and release this stuff!!!!! I need more power!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd also like to know how miles you have put on the car with this O2 sim. From my experience, the CEL will just come on eventually no matter what kind of O2 sim you might have.

Ben, can you confirm this?

Hi Ben,

can you confirm that the mechanical O2 simulator 'feature' is for the 2nd O2 sensor down the pipe. Also, is it a flange built into the bung to restrict exhaust flow? Or is it an additional screw-on that needs to be installed between the pipe and the O2 sensor?

Closeup pictures if it's the 1st would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
+28475938573694 on price finally a performance part prices the costumers want

i have a feeling when they are released u better make plenty of them

u got my vote

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ben,

can you confirm that the mechanical O2 simulator 'feature' is for the 2nd O2 sensor down the pipe. Also, is it a flange built into the bung to restrict exhaust flow? Or is it an additional screw-on that needs to be installed between the pipe and the O2 sensor?

Closeup pictures if it's the 1st would be appreciated.

Thanks!
The T1R O2 fix is an adaptor which raises the secondary O2 sensor. This will not interfere the exhaust flow.

This is the pic with the Turbo outlet pipes and the O2 simulator.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
ive put on 250 miles+ with my downpipes, no cats, no CEL

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments. We will have the Turbo outlet pipe with high flow cat by the end of this onth so we will do more dyno tests on it

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,960 Posts
ive put on 250 miles+ with my downpipes, no cats, no CEL
nice exhaust setup you have .. so honestly though... is it rudely loud?? did you happen to try just the midpipe for exhaust drone before the downpipes?

just curious to know.. i'm upgrading mine as well but not sure on the downpipes just yet... i don't mind the exhaust getting louder.. just don't want that obnoxious drone at 65-75 mph

cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
nice exhaust setup you have .. so honestly though... is it rudely loud?? did you happen to try just the midpipe for exhaust drone before the downpipes?

just curious to know.. i'm upgrading mine as well but not sure on the downpipes just yet... i don't mind the exhaust getting louder.. just don't want that obnoxious drone at 65-75 mph

cheers
The exhaust isn't too loud. We had the midpipe installed only at first. Levels of drone were very minor or barely even noticable. It wouldn't be irritating during daily driving at all nor would it irritate you while using the hands free system. As for the installation with the front pipes, there is increased drone, but at the same time you can control it. Drone is mostly noticed at around 4k RPM, but that is only during manual mode since you can control when to shift. In auto mode, it isn't even noticable since you wouldn't likely be at 4k RPM while you cruise. The good thing about the auto mode is that it is like all automatic cars, if you don't get on the throttle, there won't be any noise at all so you can control the drone nontheless. I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The exhaust isn't too loud. We had the midpipe installed only at first. Levels of drone were very minor or barely even noticable. It wouldn't be irritating during daily driving at all nor would it irritate you while using the hands free system. As for the installation with the front pipes, there is increased drone, but at the same time you can control it. Drone is mostly noticed at around 4k RPM, but that is only during manual mode since you can control when to shift. In auto mode, it isn't even noticable since you wouldn't likely be at 4k RPM while you cruise. The good thing about the auto mode is that it is like all automatic cars, if you don't get on the throttle, there won't be any noise at all so you can control the drone nontheless. I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR
it's not even loud with the turbo outlet pipes plus mid-pipes? I want it louder...

·
Registered
231 Posts
it's not even loud with the turbo outlet pipes plus mid-pipes? I want it louder...
The cold start is definately going to be louder. I'm sure you'll like the sound of it, it is definately noticable compared to just a midpipe. You still need to come by and check it out. Give us a ring, maybe we can arrange a time.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The cold start is definately going to be louder. I'm sure you'll like the sound of it, it is definately noticable compared to just a midpipe. You still need to come by and check it out. Give us a ring, maybe we can arrange a time.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR
Tell Ben to drive it to work next monday. I'll swing by...and hopefully we can do the CF roof ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tell Ben to drive it to work next monday. I'll swing by...and hopefully we can do the CF roof ;)
I'll let him know.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,960 Posts

Regards,

Jason @ AJR
thanks for the info jason... sounds good... i think at this point i'll want to keep the stock downpipes(at least i'll have two cats on the car when 'flying' through B.C.
but then again if your making a highflow cat turbo outlet pipes, that might be an option as well) , but i do want to upgrade with the midpipe and the cat-back exhaust for sure..

have you guys decided on the titanuim version of these two items.. i know you were chatting about it awhile back..

the 90mm section of the stainless midpipe is a resonator correct?

cheers..

·
Registered
231 Posts
thanks for the info jason... sounds good... i think at this point i'll want to keep the stock downpipes(at least i'll have two cats on the car when 'flying' through B.C.
but then again if your making a highflow cat turbo outlet pipes, that might be an option as well) , but i do want to upgrade with the midpipe and the cat-back exhaust for sure..

have you guys decided on the titanuim version of these two items.. i know you were chatting about it awhile back..

the 90mm section of the stainless midpipe is a resonator correct?

cheers..
Yup, our midpipe is resonated. We have considered titanium versions, but nothing has been confirmed at the moment. If you'd like some more info on the exhaust parts, feel free to send me an email ([email protected]).

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.