Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen a tablet mounting idea a while back and I can't seem to find it anymore! It's just basically some magnets that allows you to place it over the climate control panel. the magnets were actually beind the panel and you couldn't tell they were even there. Does anyone here have it set up like this?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks great! Did you use magnets as well?
Thanks

I did, it was very simple to do, the whole process took maybe 2 hours of elapsed time and the rest was just making sure the glue had set properly.

First step is to remove the HVAC piece and place it face down on a cloth, and insert some magnets in there. I used 12.7mm x 12.7mm x 1.6mm Neodymium Rare Earth magnets. They were secure in place with Gorilla Glue, they go fairly nicely in the centre edges. I used two on each side, on top of each other to get a stronger force. I secured them by putting a magnet on the front of the fascia.

The rest was a wooden frame, 1.5cm thick around the outer edge with a plain iPad Mini plastic back cover glued on to it, and magnets put on to the wood and left to cure over night.

I then took some filler and rounded it all off, sanded it down and then simply sprayed it black.

It's very rough and ready when there's no iPad in there, but when it's mounted, it look quite good.

It survives a 680bhp launch, too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.