Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Iâm assuming even a FBO Nismo GTR with E85 wouldnât be able to beat a Tesla Plaid in the quarter mile. I think theyâre running in the high to mid 9s with a trap of 151-153 mph. Please correct me if Iâm wrong. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Kevin
346 Posts
Iâm assuming even a FBO Nismo GTR with E85 wouldnât be able to beat a Tesla Plaid in the quarter mile. I think theyâre running in the high to mid 9s with a trap of 151-153 mph. Please correct me if Iâm wrong. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FBO e85 nismo traps around 140mph making around 750whp. Gonna need to be making around 950whp to trap over 150mph

·
Registered
320 Posts
A Plaid will walk a FBO GT-R. It's down to 9.2-9.3s on the 1/4 mile.
You are gonna need to go full build with proper tires to stomp a Plaid.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
[email protected] was my best as a full build A9 on 20’s. Should run 8.8 with a decent tire.

You’ll need a good tire, atleast 1000hp and a decent traction strategy. The plaid does it with all seasons I think. I’d still put my money on the Tesla even with 4 dudes and cooler of beer in it.

I doubt the 60-130 will be better than a 4.3 which is what a 1000hp GTR should see, but the batteries are better than any antilag or brake boosting out there.

1/8 mile I bet these things correlate to an 8 second car, they’ll just start slowing down.

See if I’m right soon enough Brooks should have his soon.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Also, the many GT-R parts (post build) that will break trying to catch up to the Plaid straight line performance will be a headache in itself.

Getting this much performance out of a stock sedan at that price is just bananas AND I am sure there is warranty too.

Like the GT-R when it first came out setting the standard for nurburgring track performance, the teslas are setting THE standard for super/hyper car performance straight line numbers.
If Teslas were more home mechanic friendly, It would be a no brainer pick up for me.

I am surprised they dont follow other car manufacturers that add all kinds of body kits/wide body/huge spoilers/aero for their top of the line model.

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,244 Posts
batteries are for flashlights LOL

but in all seriousness, that's one fast F-ing car. I believe droptopp ordered one?

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
@HiLife well said and the huge value proposition is the warranty and assumed trouble free ownership to go that fast.

Tesla is still shooting for the 8s with this car.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Also, the many GT-R parts (post build) that will break trying to catch up to the Plaid straight line performance will be a headache in itself.

Getting this much performance out of a stock sedan at that price is just bananas AND I am sure there is warranty too.

Like the GT-R when it first came out setting the standard for nurburgring track performance, the teslas are setting THE standard for super/hyper car performance straight line numbers.
If Teslas were more home mechanic friendly, It would be a no brainer pick up for me.

I am surprised they dont follow other car manufacturers that add all kinds of body kits/wide body/huge spoilers/aero for their top of the line model.

I glad they dont the "sedate" styling suites them...But it looks like the plaid may just change that...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love gas, but I love speed too and its cool to see Tesla just re-writing what it looks like, and costs, to go fast!

·
Registered
29 Posts

4yr 50k mile covers everything and 8yr unlimited mileage warranty for the battery ($20,000+) and the drive unit ($10,000). It's hard to compete with that...

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Has anyone tried buying parts direct from Tesla?

You might think procuring a component for the F35 is an easier task. I guess if I were Tesla, I'd be insecure about aftermarket companies producing better QA'ed items compared to its OEM, too.

There's no denying the jumping off point from ICE to EV is near. There are a few philosophical issues some have with Tesla which aligns closely with how Apple runs shop but without Apple's quality. That alone would probably steer my decisions toward other proven brands if an equally performing model is available elsewhere. That said, it pains me to say it, but the Plaid would probably be less of a reliability concern compared to a heavily modified GTR that could match or beat the Plaids's performance numbers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone tried buying parts direct from Tesla?

You might think procuring a component for the F35 is an easier task. I guess if I were Tesla, I'd be insecure about aftermarket companies producing better QA'ed items compared to its OEM, too.

There's no denying the jumping off point from ICE to EV is near. There are a few philosophical issues some have with Tesla which aligns closely with how Apple runs shop but without Apple's quality. That alone would probably steer my decisions toward other proven brands if an equally performing model is available elsewhere. That said, it pains me to say it, but the Plaid would probably be less of a reliability concern compared to a heavily modified GTR that could match or beat the Plaids's performance numbers.
In some cases you can be successful at buying parts directly, but that's quite rare. You have to get yourself set up as an independent Tesla service shop before they're willing to sell parts, and even then it's not carte blanche.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
Infrastructure is still the biggest bottle neck.

With public transportation moving in that direction aided by the Feds, I think large scale adoption is still 20+ years out. Takes 3 mins tops to fuel a bus 4-6+ hours to charge it. And when you have thousands of them, how can you even manage it ? Large scale adoption of personal cars will only introduce bigger problems.

Brown outs are still pretty common these days and until we get a better grid system in place no chance

Will be a novelty for quite sometime, but what a novelty.

Hybrids, well thatâs a completely different story.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Infrastructure and reliability are still areas of concerns. There might be charging stations available on a map but my experience for a short period was the overall reliability and consistency of how well those charging stations performed wasn't always as advertised. In researching the E-tron, it's not a secret folks using the VW/Audi charging stations still have issues with getting the advertised throughput which is extremely inconvenient when things don't go as planned on longer trips. Sometimes the wait times to just plug in aren't mentioned so there's that too.

There have been companies standing up battery swap stations in certain cities which help speed up charging but I'm a little weird about getting someone else's battery. Certain EVs still don't have active cooling and I certainly wouldn't want a battery from someone else's car where the owner is oblivious about ensuring the batteries are not consistently run into the danger zones.

There's just too much "bleeding" when it comes to adoption of bleeding edge technology. Maybe I would have been fine with being a guinea pig earlier in my life but these days I prefer products to be more mature in the life cycle before diving in. That said, we do have a deposit on a Ford Lightning for mid-2022 delivery. I'm hoping it's as good as advertised and, maybe with Ford getting in the game, EV adoption will start to accelerate in middle America. The anti-EV comments and sentiments in car groups out here are outdated and sometimes ignorant. Some will never convert which makes me wonder how much progress has been made outside of the coasts and urban areas where EV can make more sense.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
And here it is :

For you drag racers out there, here are some other stats:

60-foot time = 1.69 sec
330-foot time = 4.16 sec
1/8th mile = 6.19 sec @ 122.8 mph
60-130 mph time: 4.711 sec

So you 1000hp GTRs make sure you go on two and shouldn’t have an issue.

Think that’s about the same as a tuned mac 720 lol.

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,244 Posts
^^ LOL ^^

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
They just gotta get that 60' in the 1.5x and they'll see their 8.

That damn steering wheel though….

Leno ran a 9.2

1 - 20 of 87 Posts