Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post vids of you have or find. I personally hate the Internet verbal vomit about comparing these two cars but would like to see what other People think. I hate when people say "but it's a four door electric car" and ignore the specs. Wheel base/power output/curb weight. I dot care if its four door. A GTR has almost the identical wheel base to a 2009 and up Maxima! So why care if a car has four doors when said car can have the same wheel base and curb weight as a coupe. Straight line speed doesn't factor "four doors" as a performance marker to me. Also the relationship between a cars power to weight/mass, (and if it's AWD)and it's wheel base can be similar to another car that has two more doors(really just weight added) then these cars can be matched up. a tesla has only "off the line power" and that's it! It's top speed in the 1/4 and 1/4 mile time seems to confuse people on YouTube so they argue that the tesla is better than a GTR. I say only off the line. And it should be with that much torque at 0 rpm! But most cars with 550+ hp and that run 10.5 to 11 are better 1/4 mile cars of course. But these tesla sucking d bags always say the tesla will rape a GTR or z06 or hellcat. Yeah...at one thing...0-60. That's not a measure of a cars performance. Who races to 60 only? That's good for nothing especially when said car hits a wall at 60-80 mph.

· Registered
1,228 Posts
One video on here shows a the new Tesla with Ludicrous speed lose to a FBO E85 and it was only by 1-1/2 car lengths. A stock GTR or even a mildly tuned GTR would lose for sure

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
One video on here shows a the new Tesla with Ludicrous speed lose to a FBO E85 and it was only by 1-1/2 car lengths. A stock GTR or even a mildly tuned GTR would lose for sure
That race was only to 75 miles an hour and the GTR was pulling hard on that car. It would have been 6 or 7 car lengths by the 1/8 mile alone. The OP said that his buddy with the Tesla can only launch the car like that once per charge . Its like the premature ejaculation car. Lol one and done

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That race was only to 75 miles an hour and the GTR was pulling hard on that car. It would have been 6 or 7 car lengths by the 1/8 mile alone. The OP said that his buddy with the Tesla can only launch the car like that once per charge . Its like the premature ejaculation car. Lol one and done
thats what came to my mind the other day after my ex wife said," why didn't you get a tesla instead of a GTR?" I was like (in my head) "bitch, please!" Lol. Then thought the same as you...a tesla is like sticking it in a few times and then Splat! Yeah it may be a blast right off the line but then it's over just as quick as it started. Then what are you going to do? It's a gimmicky car. And seriously the big flat screen I the console is over kill and seems so out of place. It's an eye sore. Doesn't flow with the lines of the interior because it's a damn box you can finger! Lame

· Registered
653 Posts
I will post some links to a local P90D running 11.4 at 6600ft vs a hellcat, 2015 Z06 with upgrades, turbo s etc. The car runs non stop 0-60 2.8-2.9 and cuts 1.6 all day. Made 20 passes last Saturday with us and did [email protected] and even a few 11.6 with a passenger in it. I want to say the 1/8 is always low 7's or 7 even but past 100mph or the 1/8 it really falls off. The car is fast for sure. My 997 turbo s was running [email protected] and I lost a race vs the tesla on one pass I ran an 11.5 vs his 11.4. It comes off the line so fast and hard and like I said has crazy 60fts and it helps the driver was very good at treeing me each time.

· Registered
653 Posts
This car had 45% charge on the last races of the day and was still running 2.8 to 60mph and running 11.4. I think on the street it will be very hard to catch this car from a dig. It is so fast off the line and doesnt need to prepare or rev up. Same owner has had switzer USE gtr etc. Trust me if you want a fast car you just have to take home and plug in and win every light to light race on the street this thing is king.

Super cool to see what technology can do.

· Registered
49 Posts
One "ludicrous" launch per charge, can a Tesla owner verify that? I've had people walk to me and say things like, "I heard if you launch your GT-R four times you have to take it to the dealer..."

· Registered
489 Posts

My GTR vs P85D, a bit slow reaction from my part but I killed it after ~40-50ish mph

The speaker says in the end "Teslan har inte en suck i helvete mot GTRen" which means more or less; The tesla has no chance in hell to beat that GTR.

Got the usual form the Tesla owner; my battery wasn't fully charged.. It's only a nissan.. I don't need a roll cage in my car...

· GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,039 Posts
Two very different cars.
Two very different approaches.
Both great, and undeniably revolutionary in their own regard.

You can argue these definitions till you are blue in the face, but if you set that aside and think of these two things like below, the comparison is a little easier to draw:
Quick: to move fast in a short period of time. High Torque and traction needed. Anything 0-60 in 3 seconds.
Fast: High rate of speed not regulated by time. High (relative power to weight ratio) Horsepower needed. Anything with 120+ Traps
Quick and Fast: has the two above in balance. Not the Tesla.

The above is all relative. What is quick/fast to me, may not be fast to you or vice versa. I think we can all agree that for a street car, a 2.6-3.3 second 0-60 is pretty damn quick and makes stop light to stop light driving pretty dang fun. If you are a drag race, you know that anything that traps 120+ has plenty of pulling power as a daily driver on the freeway.

Both cars are cool and revolutionary. The GT-R is much more well balanced between quick and fast. When you are trying to lay down 2.6 0-60's, the surface of the road, temperature and a whole other slew of variables and voodoo that come into play...I can show you a video of a stock GT-R winning and losing the 0-60 battle against a ludacris Tesla. But what you won't see is the same variation in videos of the Tesla pulling on a GT-R on the freeway. You can argue all day that the Tesla needs to be charged up to go fast...I can argue that the guy with the nitrous bottle needs a fresh fill and a bottle warmer too (yes I know nitrous isn't common on our platform). My point is, we can respect both cars but we have to recognize they are two totally different machines.

While the 3 super car electrics have achieved both Quick and Fast, the real race is to see who can waterfall this technology down to the regular consumer. They could do it by combing AC and DC motors or keep on their same trajectory. But right now, the only fast consumer one is the Tesla and nobody is going to tell me those cars are "faster" than a GT-R. And I argue they are much "quicker" if at all.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two very different cars.
Two very different approaches.
Both great, and undeniably revolutionary in their own regard.

You can argue these definitions till you are blue in the face, but if you set that aside and think of these two things like below, the comparison is a little easier to draw:
Quick: to move fast in a short period of time. High Torque and traction needed. Anything 0-60 in 3 seconds.
Fast: High rate of speed not regulated by time. High (relative power to weight ratio) Horsepower needed. Anything with 120+ Traps
Quick and Fast: has the two above in balance. Not the Tesla.

The above is all relative. What is quick/fast to me, may not be fast to you or vice versa. I think we can all agree that for a street car, a 2.6-3.3 second 0-60 is pretty damn quick and makes stop light to stop light driving pretty dang fun. If you are a drag race, you know that anything that traps 120+ has plenty of pulling power as a daily driver on the freeway.

Both cars are cool and revolutionary. The GT-R is much more well balanced between quick and fast. When you are trying to lay down 2.6 0-60's, the surface of the road, temperature and a whole other slew of variables and voodoo that come into play...I can show you a video of a stock GT-R winning and losing the 0-60 battle against a ludacris Tesla. But what you won't see is the same variation in videos of the Tesla pulling on a GT-R on the freeway. You can argue all day that the Tesla needs to be charged up to go fast...I can argue that the guy with the nitrous bottle needs a fresh fill and a bottle warmer too (yes I know nitrous isn't common on our platform). My point is, we can respect both cars but we have to recognize they are two totally different machines.

While the 3 super car electrics have achieved both Quick and Fast, the real race is to see who can waterfall this technology down to the regular consumer. They could do it by combing AC and DC motors or keep on their same trajectory. But right now, the only fast consumer one is the Tesla and nobody is going to tell me those cars are "faster" than a GT-R. And I argue they are much "quicker" if at all.
agree! People who see the 0-60 times and just start saying "oh dang tesla is quicker than anything so it's the best and would rape this and that and it's a s upset at killer!" Blah blah blah. I personally hope to never see full electric cars become a "thing" in the performance world. The whole thrill of brutal performance is the sound of an engine and exhaust! I'm all for hybrid tech. Let's stick to turbos and one electric motor or KERS system. I'm a firm believer that full electric cars are great for putting around town but they should stay in that sector. Plus the sheer weight of electric motors and their batteries is ludicrous. How can you expect to make a well handling car that won't eat tires when the thing weighs as much as a fully loaded esv Escalade? More performance with full electric means more weight is added.

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
I definitely respect the tesla and if they were 40 or 50 grand, I'd probably have one. They need to improve that battery technology a little bit more so as to get more launches out of them and THEN they have a street light killer.

I've only rolled up on a couple on the interstate and neither wanted to run me. We were already doing 75 so I figured the Tesla was spent at those speeds.

· Registered
411 Posts
I definitely respect the tesla and if they were 40 or 50 grand, I'd probably have one. They need to improve that battery technology a little bit more so as to get more launches out of them and THEN they have a street light killer.

I've only rolled up on a couple on the interstate and neither wanted to run me. We were already doing 75 so I figured the Tesla was spent at those speeds.
I had a tesla P90D as a company car, I think it s nice commuter and that's it. Would I ever buy one? Nope, I wouldn't be able to take it on road trips, hate having to charge it for 6+ hours, it's just a boring car to me. I prefer my Civic Hybrid, never have to worry if I'm out of battery. I would never buy a full electric car unless it can go at least 400 miles per charge and takes 10-15 min to fully charge it which I don't see it happening anytime soon. I live here in Silicon Valley and I see at least 10-15 tesla everyday during my commute. They are more common than Honda Civics. I rarely see any GTR on the road, maybe once or twice at most per week.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
I'd consider buying one after the power stations become available in the Midwest as they are in AZ and the West. I do think they are relatively boring.

· Registered
536 Posts
Just curious, have you driven one? A buddy of mine has a P85 D which I've driven more times than I can count, and even launching it on ludicrous mode doesn't make much of a dent in the overall charge. We went on a short road trip (~120 miles total) and even with both of us driving very aggressively (winding country roads of WV) we still had over half a charge when we got back.

I'm not sure where this myth of battery depletion came from, but the way people talk about it you'd assume it was only capable of 2 or 3 launches before needing a charge.

· Registered
943 Posts
It might be Gtr owners coping with the fact that the tesla is a better off the line car. motor trend supposedly ran a 10.9 @ 123 mph with a tesla p90D. Problem is, that apparently nobody else has run that time in the real world. It might be a ringer lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.