Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big thank you to Doug and Cicio @ TopSpeed for coming out to the track to tune, watch and help with my car at the track. I could only get 2 good passes because I got to the track 3 hours later then I planned. Well next time I will plan better and get to the track gutted and try to better my 60 foot and time. This was done with FULL WEIGHT, 20" drag radial in the back and 20" stock Dunlop in the front. Also thanks to mikewads for letting me have a couple passes on his brand new 18" radials really appreciate it. Doug and Cicio are true enthusiasts when it comes to racing and cars. They were motivated and excited. Doug was running around tuning all the cars while he was running his personal STI. He looked like a kid in the candy store. Was fun watching him tune and play with the cars. If anyone is looking to go fast, look no further because these guys at TopSpeed enjoy and know what they are doing and they always go an extra mile to make sure everything runs smooth and SAFE. Thanks TopSpeed, Doug and Cicio hopefully the car can get in to the 9's while the weather is still supportive. The car weighed 3775 lbs on the scale at the track without driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Nice time slip. With removal of some weight and improve launch, you should be in the 9's. For me I get my best time slip when track first opens and the track is still prepped.

·
Like a BOSS
645 Posts
I had a good time helping and hanging out. Looking forward to the Import Showdown and maybe a Saturday Test N Tune session.

·
Registered
959 Posts
What did you think about the tire set up 20" vs the 18 drag tire set up?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Great Job topspeed , i dealt with cicio for some parts and talking about some installs .. great guy , looking forward to work with him in the future

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
I had a good time helping and hanging out. Looking forward to the Import Showdown and maybe a Saturday Test N Tune session.
Did you run your car?

Sean

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Congratulations dude, your car is flying. Cut that 60ft down to a low to mid 1.5 and you have yourself a 9 second veeeehickle.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Is your car still running the stock suction pipes or did you upgrade them to either the 2012 pipes or something aftermarket?

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Have a few more questions if you don't mind:

Is this car running through a full exhaust or are you running either open downpipes or an open mid-pipe?
What size are your intakes?
Stock intercoolers or upgraded FMIC?
Are you still running MAF or has the car been converted to speed density?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
hey did u lanch your car and what did u lanch at.i went to the track today n ran a 10.8 60ft was 1.9 n mph 135..its langin when i leave the linethen it start to take pull hard aftr lik 20miles

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
It was a great time coming out and running with you guys CJ! Your car is an animal! Looks/Sounds SO good going down the track.

Doug is always in his element at the race track for sure! Nothing makes him happier then trackside support.

Like CJ said the track was really bad, and not hooking at all! It didn't help that it was probably in the high 40s or low 50s either
Little better dig, and the car will be nocking on the 9s door!!

Have a few more questions if you don't mind:
Is this car running through a full exhaust or are you running either open downpipes or an open mid-pipe?
What size are your intakes?
Stock intercoolers or upgraded FMIC?
Are you still running MAF or has the car been converted to speed density?

Thanks!
The car is full exhaust, 3" intakes, upgraded FMIC, Stock turbo Inlets, SD Tune By [email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.