Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One of my favorite aspects of the Nissan GTR is the community it has created. I believe one of the greatest flaws in the "super car" world, is the lack of creativity and desire to modify. But there is an obvious passion for standing out from the crowd in the GTR community, and I think that is absolutely awesome.

This already modified 2012 GTR came in for some serious upgrades, as well as a few cosmetic changes to refresh the look. The most unique aspect of this particular example, is the vinyl wrap the owner chose. What you're looking at is Brushed Aluminum Vinyl, and I can say first hand, it looks so incredible in person that I've taken note for my next personal project.

While the vinyl wrap is easily the most distinguishable exterior modification, the Esprit Wing previously installed attracted quite a bit of attention as well, so the owner decided to make things a bit more subtle, and replaced it with the OEM wing.

From a visual perspective, modifying has to be done carefully, and it requires a certain balance of attention. A perfect example is reducing the aggressiveness of the rear, but adding to it in the front. The owner decided to install a Revozport R-Track Front Lip with Brake Duct Kit, one of my personal favorites. This particular aero item not only compliments the looks of the GTR, it greatly helps in brake cooling as well.

While the aesthetics were being tackled, the motor was being taken care of as well. Since the car is notorious for having power to match the looks, the owner wanted to stick to that and chose the SPE950R package.

With our fully blue printed and balanced SPE Spec 3.8L motor. A crucial piece to a build aiming for monster power.

As well as all our visible goodies from the engine bay, put back together and ready for our SPE Speed Density COBB Tune on Ethanol 85 .

It's always a good time sitting here in the office listening to our customer's cars being dyno'd. Another reason for my love of this car is that there is no such existence of a bad sounding GTR. They all sound fantastic, especially after our upgrades. This particular example with our SPE950R sounded incredible.

It put down the power incredibly as well. The aggressive looks now complimented by a smooth steady power band topping off at roughly 912WHP and 858TQ. The owner was able to run his car at the Shift Sector event and in his own words, "The car ran fantastically. Very smooth delivery and no hiccups found whatsoever." - We're always glad to have another happy customer. If you have interest in our SPE950R Package, as well as other products, please contact Alex ([email protected]) or Eugene ([email protected]).

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
luv the color and the front lip....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts