Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMS has been working hard over the past few months developing products for the new Nissan GT-R. We were fortunate enough to have one of our close friends the Lipani's (Frank and Mike) let us tear into their Japanese supercar to make it even better…and that we did! With only minimal modifications on 93 octane pump gas and stock run flat tires Mike and AMS GT-R were able to break the pump gas quarter mile record running a 10.69 @ 132!!!. What is most impressive about this time is the short list of modifications used to achieve it. To the naked eye the AMS GT-R looks stock. To those in the know it is cranking out over 600 all wheel horsepower and over 585 ft lbs of torque…all with just the following modifications:

AMS Turbo upgrade
AMS Downpipes
AMS Midpipe and prototype Catback Exhaust
Deatschwerks 800cc injectors
HKS EVC boost controller
AMS/Forged Performance tune using the Cobb Access port.
Willall transmission cooler
STOCK run flat tires

THAT'S IT!

With just those modifications we were able to run consistent 10 second passes on just pump gas in the AMS GT-R…all with only a 1.8 60 foot time on the stock run flat tires!!!!!
Look for the AMS GT-R to try and better its time by throwing on a set of lightweight 18" wheels and some drag radials in the very near future!!

Please Click Here to see the AMS GTR Record Breaking Pass Video.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Awesome

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Those really are awesome results, and a hearty congrats are definitely in order!
But, to say this was done with "minimal modifications" is a bit misleading, isn't it? Aren't we talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k in mods? At what point does the term "minimal modifications" no longer apply?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Those really are awesome results, and a hearty congrats are definitely in order!
But, to say this was done with "minimal modifications" is a bit misleading, isn't it? Aren't we talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k in mods? At what point does the term "minimal modifications" no longer apply?
Thanks for the congrats.

I think what the title means is that this car ran these times with "minimal mods" is not about how much the mods cost's but about how many mods were put on the car to achieve this performance level...not a lot. There are a bunch of GT-R's out there with all of the same mods that you have on your car only with the HKS 570 kit added to the list and I'll bet if you add it all up it is very close to what it would cost you to have a set up like ours. Hell some guys paid almost $12k just for an titanium exhaust or $3k for a CF lip!! There are still things to do on this car like a front mount intercooler which will be out at the end of the summer BTW and it's a beauty but with what we have on the car as it sits right now it has more than met out expectations and it's not finished at the track yet. We still have to get the car back to the track with lighter wheels and DR's and then after that comes the race gas tune so a lot left in her. These turbos are not even in their efficiency range yet running only 22 psi.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Congrats!! Great to see what a setup can do in street trim.
Thanks Chuck and have fun on your trip to the left coast!

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
Nice job AMS and your car rocks Drago!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
dumb question... was this time with or without using LC?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
dumb question... was this time with or without using LC?
its on LC2

But I wouldnt even call that a so called "launch control" method IMO.

All your doing is preloading first gear.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
BTW The reason why we chose to go this route with pump gas and stock size rims/ runflat tires is to show some "real world" times for all you owners.

When your trying to break records, going all out with the car is needed sometimes in order to push it and get the time you want/ are shooting for (i.e. higher octane fuel w/ agressive tune, lighter wheels and tires, stripping the car, etc etc.)

But what about the average owner who just wants a boost in power without changing/ removing anything else?

well, this is exactly what we did :)

The car is driven a few times a week and I drove it to the track and back (total of 70ish miles) after about 5-6 passes.

The next goal is too see what the car can do with just changing the wheels/tires, but still be on pump gas.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Thanks! Much appreciated

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Very impressive. The car keeps getting better and better. Wish you were coming to Nashville this coming weekend.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Very impressive. The car keeps getting better and better. Wish you were coming to Nashville this coming weekend.
Thanks Sharif for your part in making this car run like a top.

Me too! I wish we could come down to Nashville to watch you run!!! Good luck BTW

I'm almost positive we'll be at E Town and maybe Carolina as well if I can arrange my schedule.

PS I'll give you a shout tomorrow anyway I have to ask you a question.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts