Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys wondering do you have the same problem as I do. The GTR badge on the stock floor mats is so easy to get scratched on my car. Only have 7000 miles on the car. It just gradually happens and I noticed today. I don't understand why they put a piece of plastic there. Why not just use regular cloth.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
It's inevitable. What do you expect? It's on the floor where things will scuff/scratch it. I wouldn't worry about it.

709 Posts
Tell me about it. I noticed the other day that the more miles I put on my car, the more my tires wear down. What gives?!?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
That's a good point. But you know, when you get scratches here and there it just kind of break heart. The badge came shining when I bought the car
Just put your back floor mat on top of the front and the emblem will stay shiny and new.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just put your back floor mat on top of the front and the emblem will stay shiny and new.
Lol! That's a good idea.

I'm still wondering why Nissan even bothered putting backseats with the car. I guess it'd be useful if you had a kid but I would like to think that most people who buy this car would have another vehicle to haul their family in.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
You're look mint compared to mine! I have a 2010. All you can do it try to be careful. I plan on getting a new set soon.

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Most GTR owners have some degree of OCD and take pride in their vehicles. Myself included...

The floor mats are meant to get worn down. They can be easily replaced. Pricey but replaceable. If you're that concerned about your floor mats I hope you xpel ultimate the entire car otherwise you're in for a BIG surprise. The GTR has very soft paint. I'm not a fan of repainting panels and would never buy a GTR that was repainted for any reason. My GTR has xpel on the front clip, a pillars, rear quarters. It is also ceramic coated. I have done what I can to prolong the life of the paint.

Through a thread I created here, there was a member that pointed out that the undercarriage bolts are prone to rust and suggested we replace the bolts with stainless fasteners. I am in the process of replacing all bolts with titanium fasteners. Not surprisingly I found a few bolts with significant rust on them at only 9500 miles...

Point being... Apply the OCD to some preventative measures that will protect the GTR for the long haul.

I am very compulsive on this kind of thing

·
Registered
62 Posts
Back in the day, I use to use spray paint to freshen up the look of warn carpets, just match spray paint to carpet color and erase away the age. Point being, if the look of the shininess dulling or it looking really bad in time, you could always hit it with a little gloss black paint. It will maintain a recognizable logo and will blend well with the carpet color. If freshening up a carpet that has wear spots, try not to use high gloss paint for staining touch up areas and don't spray anything from inside the car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Most GTR owners have some degree of OCD and take pride in their vehicles. Myself included...

The floor mats are meant to get worn down. They can be easily replaced. Pricey but replaceable. If you're that concerned about your floor mats I hope you xpel ultimate the entire car otherwise you're in for a BIG surprise. The GTR has very soft paint. I'm not a fan of repainting panels and would never buy a GTR that was repainted for any reason. My GTR has xpel on the front clip, a pillars, rear quarters. It is also ceramic coated. I have done what I can to prolong the life of the paint.

Through a thread I created here, there was a member that pointed out that the undercarriage bolts are prone to rust and suggested we replace the bolts with stainless fasteners. I am in the process of replacing all bolts with titanium fasteners. Not surprisingly I found a few bolts with significant rust on them at only 9500 miles...

Point being... Apply the OCD to some preventative measures that will protect the GTR for the long haul.
Thanks for the advice I have clear bra in the whole front but that's from previous owner. I bought the car at 2000 miles.

My major OCD is curb wheels thank god it haven't happen yet. Floor mat like you said it's replaceable but pricey. my car is only 7200 miles currently, if it's like 20k miles I would accept it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.