Nissan GT-R Forum banner

THE Changster Swings by TSM from Taiwan!

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  HEnochanceLL 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just thought it would be cool to post this up. This is the first time at TopSpeed we have had a customer fly across the BIG pond to visit us!

We have the great honor of being chosen to perform an awesome Alpha12 build for this international customer and ship the car all the way to Taiwan for him to enjoy. We are currently neck deep into the project and were very excited to hear that Changster was coming over to meet us and put some faces with the names.

We are totally honored and very excited to have him hanging out with us and just wanted to share a couple pictures of us all in front of the shop.

THIS is what this industry is all about to me! The people, the relationships and the passion!

(** Forgive the randomness of these photos... I literally just yelled in the shop and told everyone to get out there LOL)
(Oh and Doug was on a road tune so he missed out
)

See less See more
#2 ·
wish I could have made it up to hang out!

#3 ·
That's really cool! I have spoken with Changster a bunch over PM. He is a good guy!

Michael

#6 ·
Bump for a Taiwanese fella!

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Cicio... You know I love TopSpeed and have been a customer across all my cars (Mr2, Evo, 135i...soon to bring M3 in i'm sure) so dont take the question the wrong way...

Why was TopSpeed chosen for the build? Not necessarily why was TopSpeed chosen (We know TopSpeeds success record, it speaks for itself), but why was a US shop chosen. There are literally hundreds of shops between Taiwan and Atlanta Georgia, haha.

Some reasons i can think of:
1. TSMs great relationship with AMS
2. American made AMS Alpha12 package and only certified installers are in the US (is that true?).
3. He bought a US Spec GTR instead of Japan spec and as such cheaper to ship a completed built car to Taiwan than importing parts to do the build there...
4. ________

It just strikes me as an interesting situation, and likely has an equally interesting reason. Given Taiwan's proximity to Japan i would think that would be a logical answer unfortunately I am not versed in international import laws from japan to taiwan and so forth... I knwo yourself and Doug have done some tuning trips to many places around the world (Dubai, St. Lucia, South America, etc, etc, etc) is there a trip to Taiwan in your future?

Hope you get the chance to take him out tonight and show him some Atlanta Nightlife... TomorrowWorld is this weekend, you could really blow his mind and take him there! haha

John

#10 ·
That is a good question my friend,

One that I wish he was able to answer but unfortunately doesn't have privilege to post here anymore.

The reasoning why he decided to do a build in the US vs anyplace else is unknown to me but I guess I could ask him. As for why he chose us instead of another US shop I would think it was simply quality answers, good relationship, open and honest communication and probably our track record. We had LOTS of long conversations well into the night before he made the decision.

Good question though...wish I could give you a better answer.

#15 ·
What "Changster" had to say
[background=rgb(26, 26, 26)]
Hi I just wanted to say thanks to the whole crew at TSM for their great hospitality, picking me up from the airport in the awesome R8 as well as showing me around, the big bbq, etc etc. It was a fantastic trip to see the shop. [/background]

This was the first time riding in a high HP GTR and it was an out of this world experience!! I rode in (passenger side) in a 3794 built car on 22psi, which was like the Superman ride at Magic Mountain except way more fun. Then at 28psi I completely froze up. I just can't imagine how anyone needs more power than like GT35 type turbos (Alpha 12, ETS 35 etc) on the street. It also gives me high appreciation of all the drivers piloting these 8 and 7 second GTRs. It takes experience and some big fukkin ballz. These cars are stupid stupid crazy berserk fast. I mean NUTS. People like me who had just stalked the forums without much experience don't realize what they really need... and I can tell you that you don't need Alpha 16's or ETS 6766/3794's or SPE Godzilla's or Switzer Goliaths for the street. I mean I only experienced 28psi on 3794's but that thing can be turned up to 45psi if you had the fuel and traction!! [/background]

Have a nice day.
I just had a great one.[/background]

#21 ·
Congrats and nice build! Wish I could see it in Taipei/Taichung/Kaohsiung/Pingtung when I go visit again.
I miss Taiwan, but I certainly don't miss people leaning against cars at lights to hold themselves up.

Not to threadjack but anyone know of a JohnsA4 there in Taipei? He used to be on the Audiworld forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.