Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put new tires on the GT-r. I have a 2009 GT-r with only 9,000 miles on it. The stock tires are on the car and still have plenty of tread left but I'm looking to change them anyway. I don't road race the car, only take it to the drag strip and drive around in the spring/summer/fall. Car is not my DD and is asleep for the wonderful Chicago winters...ha.

Was looking at:

REAR: Nitto NT 555R : 305/35R/20
FRONT: NItto NT05 : 255/35ZR/20

Stock Sizes are:

Front: 255//40/20
Rear:285/35/20

Been searching for a while on the boards and have confused myself with the setups people are running on STOCK rims. I do not want to change the stock rims as I really enjoy the stock look. I keep finding threads on the NItto NT05R Drag Radial and people saying they use those on the fronts? Would you use those on the rears and keep a street tires on the front?

THe R888's look more like a road racing tire and I'm not as interested in that type of performance tire.

Looking for advice/experience on what will fit with no problems on the GT-r. Really would like to improve my 60FT at the dragstrip...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With the car as it stands I ran an 11.01 1/4 mile @ 128 MPH. Would love to officially get into the 10's and I think a tire will do it because the best 60ft I've been able to pull is a 1.8 on the stock tires...

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Off topic, but nice car trio you have... ;-)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Off topic, but nice car trio you have... ;-)
Thanks. GT-r is still the most fun to drive. The Turbo S is just really quiet, but I think it may be faster than the ZR-1 and GT-r unfortunately....Ran a 10.8 with just a tune on stock tires, shitty 60ft too.....I was posted so I figured I would put some new tires on the GT-r and it may solve my problem.

DD an Audi I picked up last fall. 2011 S4.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any advice? ... Suggestions?...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just put on stcok non runflat , stock sized Yokohamas from Tirerack today. They are quieter than stock. I am mostly street and hear they can get squirmy on the track but many like them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went with Nitto 555r for the rear (305/35/20) and Nitto INVOs in the front (275/40/20).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to Discount Tire, Paid $1200 out the door with four certificates.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Won't be mounted for a few more weeks, car is sleeping for winter. Going to take it back out beginning of March weather permitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.