This should be interesting...GO!

Pics of said cars are always welcome.

-Connor

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
1. My tuner house - C2Design
2. My tuner - Chris Chapas
3. Pretty calm...my dealer rep on the other hand seemed more excited about it than me. They took more pictures with the GTR than I did.
4. I couldn't it was in my storage unit and my wife would have been suspicious...

5. Too worried about break-in...but did take a little jab at a fluorescent green Gallardo that was on the way to the tuner house...brought a smile to my face!

AT the dealership when I picked it up...

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Lovin' this thread. Takes me back to the first time I saw my GTR for the first time in the flesh......memories!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks for the response. I can understand the excitement coming from the dealer.

I did some thing similar with the two below. Boxster is soon to have a TPC racing turbo kit on it(the go kart on steroids). M35x has upgraded exhaust, intake and a slight tint on it.

I have not yet raced a Gallardo in either one, nor do I plan to

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
Where did you go? - Home and looked at it for a long time, then had my wife drive it and I followed in the truck to see what it looked like on the road.

Who did you tell? - First Day: No one, other than wife and son!

What was your pulse? - Insane

Did you sleep in it at night? - No...

What did you race lol? - On the way home I got it up to 152mph.

·
R35
1,312 Posts
I suppose you feel warm and fuzzy with any new car, but with the GTR it's amplified x 100 and even after 19 months of ownership, it still makes me feel very special. I can understand Mizuno when he says the GTR is your lover.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The dealer had the car front & center in the show room, and I drove it out to much fanfare. This was September of 2008, so one of the first in Calgary. I drove it fairly gingerly until I got used to it, also keeping in mind the break-in period. Whenever I did goose it the first few times, I was shocked by the power. It's fun to think back to that time, now that I've got several track days under by belt, and driving the car is second nature. I love it as much now as the first day . . .

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was too impatient to wait for it to come to my city in the trailer so I drove down about 300 miles to pick it up.

I couldn't sleep the last few nights before I got it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah this was from may as soon as i pulled into the driveway....you can tell how excited i am as how bad the camera is shaking haha

Is it weird that I became aroused watching that video lol?

Awesome song choice; suits the video well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The dealer had the car front & center in the show room, and I drove it out to much fanfare. This was September of 2008, so one of the first in Calgary. I drove it fairly gingerly until I got used to it, also keeping in mind the break-in period. Whenever I did goose it the first few times, I was shocked by the power. It's fun to think back to that time, now that I've got several track days under by belt, and driving the car is second nature. I love it as much now as the first day . . .
You lucky dog you.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Where did you go?

My parent's house down the street

Who did you tell?

only closest friends. Showing off a new car, especially a fancy one, seems a bit over the top.

What was your pulse?

Pretty normal.

Did you sleep in it at night?

No though I stepped out to check it out several times the first few weeks.

What did you race lol?

I took it to the track in the first couple weeks.

Also right off the lot I had a CD with Going the Distance by Cake and BOC's Godzilla..

·
24>23
1,166 Posts
I had mine delivered to me in an enclosed trailer. The driver called me and told me that it would be too hard for his truck to come in my neighborhood so he met me in the main street smack in the middle of the city. He parked in the center median and decided to let her out there. I couldn't contain myself lol. As soon as the car rolled out it instantly started to back up traffic. I signed the paper shook the guys hand and escaped the madness and went straight home.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had mine delivered to me in an enclosed trailer. The driver called me and told me that it would be too hard for his truck to come in my neighborhood so he met me in the main street smack in the middle of the city. He parked in the center median and decided to let her out there. I couldn't contain myself lol. As soon as the car rolled out it instantly started to back up traffic. I signed the paper shook the guys hand and escaped the madness and went straight home.
Awesome story!

What was it like putting the pedal to the floor the first time?

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Where did you go?
As my car was delivered in a container from the USA, had to pick it up from the Port, and drove to a gas station (no gas during transport), then off to the car wash with no plates or anything. Later that night was invited to a friends wedding, and couldn't resist driving the GTR there (no plates still!!!).

Who did you tell?
My wife, kids and parents.

What was your pulse?
Racing a million miles a minute.

Did you sleep in it at night?
Almost, spent over 2 hours in it late night (after wedding), with the manual in one hand and me trying every single button out.

What did you race lol?
No racing in the beginning, worried about break-in.

Great thread...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts