Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there's one thing that separates the R35 GT-R from the pack of platforms vying for the crown of ultimate street car, it's the ability to get in it and go.

To the grocery store, or to the race track, the GT-R does as it's told and does it extremely well.

But on the quest for ultimate power and speed, there is a line between street car and race car that once crossed removes all vehicles from the realm of truly being a streetable car. The GT-R is no different. Should the budget allow it, crossing that line can be nothing more than an afterthought.

But this GT-R that we built for our client Lance, we feel this GT-R is different.

This GT-R tiptoes around that line, jabbing and teasing. One minute, you're certain this car is relatively stock. There's no doubt it's a street car. The next, you're holding on for dear life. Race car. Definitely.

The best of both worlds.

Equipped with the Induction Performance IP1000 package, Lance's GT-R has a built 3.8L motor including an upgraded cylinder head package featuring GSC cams and valvetrain components, IP900 transmission, Precision Turbo Stage 1 Turbo Upgrades (utilizing factory turbo manifolds & compressor covers) and a fuel system with components from our friends at Injector Dynamics and Fore Innovations.

Tuned in-house on the factory ECU with the addition of EcuTek (Phase 5), Alpha was able to coax a blistering 1,007 horsepower to the wheels on e85! Nearly as impressive, this package makes almost 800 wheel horsepower on 93 octane pump gasoline.

It's a riot to drive - when you want it be. The perfect street car.

What do you think? What's the perfect street setup for a GT-R in your eyes?

Check out these pics and let us know if you have any questions!

[email protected]

· Registered
2,708 Posts
You don't show as having vendor status, but whatever. Why do your pump gas results show better low end torque/hp vs the E85 results? E85 should crush the pump gas numbers everywhere if that is the only change.

EDIT: You must have dynoed in different gears as I just noticed HP/Torque cross at different MPH for the two runs.

· Registered
3,285 Posts
You don't show as having vendor status, but whatever. Why do your pump gas results show better low end torque/hp vs the E85 results? E85 should crush the pump gas numbers everywhere if that is the only change.

EDIT: You must have dynoed in different gears as I just noticed HP/Torque cross at different MPH for the two runs.
yea im guessing going from 3rd to 4th or 4th to 5th dyno runs... I am curious though how the torque curve is so flat usually that isnt the case at all on our motor especially with stock manifold turbo upgrades

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the pump gas pull was done in a different gear. I'll have Alpha chime in with some specifics in the morning.

· Registered
461 Posts
Are those ADV wheels? Also, what size turbo are you running? Is the 900 trans on stock gears?

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
1,041 Posts
I think that car is shiny as hell

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
2,247 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
We are a paying Vendor!

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.