Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really, just my take on a black version. So I pulled the cluster apart and just repainted the trim rings. I'm sure the look is not for everyone, but so far I like it. Will post installed pics later

· Alberta Oil & Gas
5,806 Posts
Definetly stealth.... with the right exterior it would be awesome!!

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Very nice!

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Love it!!! Very stealth

· Registered
485 Posts
Nice, looks as good as the NISMO gauges worth 2k.

Sent from my iPad using GT-R Life mobile app

· 2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
392 Posts
Very nice job OP... possible instructional re safely disassembling cluster coming? Thanks.

Update: Searched and found this: http://www.gtrlife.c...w-to-added/Â Â Has a pdf attached re how to remove cluster.

Can anyone say if gaining access to front of cluster (rings, etc.) is trivial once cluster assembly is out of car? May want to try something like this as part of winter project(s).

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To remove the full face the needles would have to be popped off and I didn't want to do that. The rings are one per gauge. The cluster has screws that mount into the back black housing piece. The front face has 4 screws that you can flex the face up to get a screwdriver in to remove them. Them on the back of the cluster there are holes where you can see the back of the rings. They can be released from the back. They are just painted plastic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.