·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
0-60 times:

GTR 2.9 seconds
911 2.8
Veyron 2.5

For the first 100 feet (up to 45 mph) the GTR was ahead of the other two cars!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Nuff respect to the bugatti!
For a stock factory car it is really a work of art.
Stock 0-60 of 2.5secs!
0-160 in 12secs stock!

·
Registered
681 Posts
One Bugatti costs as much as 17 Turbo S or 30 GTR, LOL! Also, all 46 of them are already sold, so even if you had the cash, you couldn't have bought it!
Bringing the price discussion is just pointless...to some, getting that car is as easy as getting a gift card...the market Bugatti seeks to attract isn't the same market comparing it to the Porsche or Nissan.

This is simply an engineering work of art, a testament to human achievement and automotive greatness!

But damn it, its numbers are all unbelievable, even the price!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those were some very impressive numbers...
How about those numbers? I think they are way more impressive....

Alpha 12 GTR: 12 months warranty, 1500 HP, 1/4 mile 8.9 @ 170 mph 0.2 million dollars price tag. 4 seats big trunk space
Veyron SS: 24 months warranty, 1200 HP, 1/4 mile 9.9 @ 146 mph 2.7 million dollars price tag. 2 seats almost no trunk space

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bringing the price discussion is just pointless...to some, getting that car is as easy as getting a gift card...the market Bugatti seeks to attract isn't the same market comparing it to the Porsche or Nissan.

This is simply an engineering work of art, a testament to human achievement and automotive greatness!

I agree with you but you forgot to mention that Veyron also represents vanity. Almost 3 million bucks for a car...

·
Registered
410 Posts

+1

·
Premium Member
27 Posts

Your right, I was just thinking the other day about when I used to dream about owning a R33 because it was so quick at the time...........this shows us how times and technology have drastically changed.......amazing!

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts

an untouchable testament. no really. you'll never drive one, ever! XD

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
One Bugatti costs as much as 17 Turbo S or 30 GTR, LOL! Also, all 46 of them are already sold, so even if you had the cash, you couldn't have bought it!
let's throw the bugatti out of the equation. it never fits in with the rest of the car world anyway.

look at the prices of the 911 TurbS and of the GT-R: 160k and 90k, respectively. From the Nissan's side, you can throw an AMS alpha 10 or comparable package on it and keep it super reliable just the same for that ~70k difference AND retain the Godzilla mystique... costs do matter.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Very impressive numbers for all but also completely different markets.....the Bugatti customers are in a different stratosphere and most do not cross shop the Nissan and the Porsche, regardless of the similar performance numbers....

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Really the Veyron is in its own league...the real test here was the GTR and the 911 Turbo S. I wish that Nissan put enough balls into the GTR that it could hang with the Turbo S from a dig through the 1/4 mile. 4 mph seperates the two and that is a pretty strong pull...
Peter

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't know how you guys feel, but the fact that launch control is required to make these times means the numbers are meaningless to me. I use my car as a spirited weekend car, so I'm not exactly revving the engine and doing electronic clutch drops at the stop lights. Personally I think launch control has done more to skew 0-60 numbers then anything.

For me, a sub 3 second 0-60 time means about as much as a 200 mph top speed. Academic, and also not reflective of the actual driving experience.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
GT-R needs another 40-50HP to make up for the weight difference and extra gear against the Turbo S......

Really the Veyron is in its own league...the real test here was the GTR and the 911 Turbo S. I wish that Nissan put enough balls into the GTR that it could hang with the Turbo S from a dig through the 1/4 mile. 4 mph seperates the two and that is a pretty strong pull...
Peter

·
Registered
198 Posts
Some of us use launch control all the time. for 0-60 mph, the difference is almost .5 seconds and 1/4 mi time is 0.3 seconds.
For me, real world, GTR has a 4 second 0-60, maybe a bit faster. My friends 2012 didn't feel much faster so I'm guessing a lot of the things that went into the sub-3 time was tweaking launch control.

If you use it, great. For me, it's meaningless. And I really wonder how many GTR owners would list their use of launch control as "frequent".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts