Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Over the past few years after the initial release of our very popular Ultimate Street Edition upgrade package for the GTR, company president and product developer Tym Switzer has relentlessly pushed, tweaked, and massaged the USE for more power, improved response, better driving characteristics, without sacrificing reliability, all at the requests of our customers new and old. This has led us to the re-release of the Ultimate Street Edition (USE) and the birth of the USE Plus and the USE Pro.

The heart of the new setup is a next-level turbo combination that Tym has designed to do what every turbo-engine enthusiast dreams of: more top end power with more area under the curve. Anyone who has been around turbo cars long enough quickly realizes that to enhance engine response you typically give up some amount of top-end power. Not this time.

That's a dyno sheet of the new USE vs the previous generation on 93 octane. We picked up efficiency in the entire setup, which helps us produce more power earlier as well as a little more peak power too. Power on west coast 91 octane is still a phenomenal 840-850whp.

Another thing that we are doing: all USE builds get a full billet gearset standard. Why? Money well spent. We realize that many of you will be hard pressed to use 700lb-ft of torque aggressively enough to endanger the OEM gearset, but should you decide to push your USE GTR 10/10ths, you can do it without fear.

The clutches used in the new USE builds have been co-developed by Tym and the guys at Xtreme Motorsport. Both clutch baskets are billet as well as the the pistons. Having driven the new USE recently, it's a noticeable difference and mimics the OEM drive-off and gear change characteristics more than ever.

The engine builds get done the same way they've always been done, it's not going anywhere and we have no reason to deviate from what works. Our stage 1 3.8L engine that has been in GTR's since 2010 and is the core basis for our stage 2 engines that get pushed harder than ever in our race-prepped GTR's is a stable and reliable platform for us to build power with.

We've also improved production methods and designs bringing the costs of the parts down for us, and while some would quickly hide that fact and pocket the extra profits, we feel that it would be best to pass it along to our clients and revise the pricing across the board - another reason for the USE, Plus, and Pro to be differentiated into three main builds, more on those below.

What does that power translate to? 60-130's in the 4.5-4.6 second range are not uncommon for the USE, and the last one I had out to the drag strip ran a 9.6 @ 150mph on stock wheels with street tires with a moderate launch.

The all-new 93 octane 900+whp Ultimate Street Edition package will be priced at $49,990 + installation.

The new builds, the USE Plus and the USE Pro, are the flex-fuel variants. They make 1100+whp on pump E85 & 900+whp on pump 93, 840-850whp on 91.

The USE Plus is the Cobb-controlled setup running on the new Cobb Flex-Fuel firmware. No more switching between maps based on what your ethanol content is, the ECU does it for you, just select a power level and drive!

Above and beyond the standard USE, the USE Plus receives higher capacity fuel pumps, lines, injectors, and a different fuel pressure regulator, all of which are rated for 100% ethanol operation for life. It also receives higher capacity clutches, and ethanol content sensor with display, and our comprehensive flex fuel calibration for the stock ECU.

The all-new 1100+whp USE Plus starts at $62,995 + installation.

The USE Pro builds upon the USE Plus, using the Syvecs standalone powertrain management to control everything from the flex fuel tuning on the fly, rolling anti-lag, brake boosting, countless engine and transmission safety features, and one of the most advanced traction control systems available to maximize traction and squeeze every ounce of consistent performance out of your USE Pro. Our new race intercooler is standard on the USE Pro as well as upgraded rear axles and upper and lower differential braces.

This is a high 8 second car at 160+mph, with 60-130's in the ~3.7's. One of my customers has ran well over 20 8.80-8.9x passes in his this summer, it is deadly consistent.

The all-new 1100+whp USE Pro starts at $76,990 + installation.

The latest USE Pro vs the previous generation hardware flex-fuel USE:

As you can see, slightly more top end power, and a LOT more area under the curve.

For a custom quote on your USE GTR build, please email me directly: [email protected] or give me a call - 440.774.4219

I will post more shots of the new hardware that we are running as soon as I can, stay tuned!

- Neil

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to see one of these monsters running in person!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Very impressive. For those of us who would be interested in the USE pro or USE plus, but don't have e85 near us....what would we do? The much larger fuel system is required for e85 but since we don't have it would we be able to use a hybrid fuel system along with C16? What would the price difference be in something like that?

·
Super Moderator
9,000 Posts
Very impressive. For those of us who would be interested in the USE pro or USE plus, but don't have e85 near us....what would we do? The much larger fuel system is required for e85 but since we don't have it would we be able to use a hybrid fuel system along with C16? What would the price difference be in something like that?
I think that's the R1k and R1k-x packages. Don't quote me on that though lol.

·
Registered
500 Posts
How big of a difference does it make going from the Cobb to Syvecs? Seems like it gains alot under the curve. Thats all in the tune? How is this different from the e1k?

·
Registered
980 Posts
This new USE is a rocket ship!!
Great package!!
Amazing spool too ;-)

·
Registered
545 Posts
The new fmic kits come w/only the pro and plus packages or are they going to be used in all the packages from here on out?

·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new fmic kits come w/only the pro and plus packages or are they going to be used in all the packages from here on out?
P800's and the USE get the same intercoolers, the USE Plus and Pro, and E1K-X get their own intercooler (race), Goliaths and higher HP builds get intercooling specific to their usage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sad I was only able to put 1,568 flawless miles on mine before it was time to hibernate for the winter. Daily drove the car to work for about a month and half on no rain days
Car is simply amazing and since it was the first one can't wait to tweak over the winter and get it ready for Texas in March and next summers roll race season here in Mexico. Lots of cars getting upgrades now to keep pace with the monster.

Truly an awesome setup and the flex fuel is the icing on the cake.

·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice time! 163 trap is moving what would u estimate for a time on good old 93 pump gas for this same car?
Here's what we ran on one last year, obviously older hardware but this was on stock wheels and street tires.

If we had that 1.41-1.42 60' I think we could run a low 9.4 on 93.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Sad I was only able to put 1,568 flawless miles on mine before it was time to hibernate for the winter. Daily drove the car to work for about a month and half on no rain days
Car is simply amazing and since it was the first one can't wait to tweak over the winter and get it ready for Texas in March and next summers roll race season here in Mexico. Lots of cars getting upgrades now to keep pace with the monster.

Truly an awesome setup and the flex fuel is the icing on the cake.
If you need dyno time before the 2015 season kicks off let me know.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts