Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Driver
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I posted wondering if using an Airtag to track my car would be a good idea.
Now:

Output device Font Screenshot Gadget Electronic device

Sorry about the picture, it's not in a form that I can easily post it.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
There are definitely more of these "creative" tracking scenarios popping up recently. If a more "secluded" or "private" area means following someone home... good luck with that in some states.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you’re an iPhone user you don’t have to worry. Every one of these Airtag tracking stories I’ve read lately ended with the person saying their iPhone alerted them to the fact they were being tracked by an unknown Airtag. At least Apple had the foresight to program this feature in before releasing the Airtag... though it is a kind of middle finger to the Android users of the world who can be tracked in ignorant bliss, lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you’re an iPhone user you don’t have to worry. Every one of these Airtag tracking stories I’ve read lately ended with the person saying their iPhone alerted them to the fact they were being tracked by an unknown Airtag. At least Apple had the foresight to program this feature in before releasing the Airtag... though it is a kind of middle finger to the Android users of the world who can be tracked in ignorant bliss, lol.
Even though users are alerted it may be too late taking as long as up to 8-24 hours. Most people are at home after that much time on the road. The other things is trying to locate the air tag if you know its on your car. Even with the sound notification (only the original owner can enable the sound) it is still hard to find. So finding it without the air tag emitting a sound notification will be that much harder. Maybe I watch too much youtube videos.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Use Detectify and Tracker Alert apps for android to find air tags.

For tracking your own personnel vehicles or equipment I use Optimus 2.0 with magnetic cases.
It is chargable,has extended battery life and the app alerts you on low battery,movement and speed I believe.

Reactions: Hellfromabove

·
Registered
53 Posts
AirTags pretty much let you know asap when detected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts