1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Consider a 2012 MY for maintenance

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just test drove one recently and fell in love but didn't want to trade in the Gtr to get it. The 458 is truly amazing car. I want to own both of course but not sure if that's a good move for me right now. The Ferrari sound and look is far superior over the Gtr to me.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm not an owner but my friend has a white on red 458 and I have some seat time in it. The sound is intoxicating, you will never get tired of listening to the car go up and down the rev range. It's quick too, if we both hit it in gear and were around 70mph+ it will be a drivers race. The car is stunning in pictures and in person, which I'm sure you already know. Here's an oldie at some event that we went to.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I picked up a 458 spider a few weeks ago and LOVE it. Like Dntlvet mentioned, I would get 2012 and newer for free maintenance. I found one with plenty of factory warranty to be safe. Much more fun to drive then my Huracan and 911 turbo s were. I really have no complaints about the 911 turbo s either except the Ferrari kills it in looks and sound. Its cool how you can lower the rear window on the 458 and listen to the engine/exhaust while driving with the top up.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I picked up a 458 spider a few weeks ago and LOVE it. Like Dntlvet mentioned, I would get 2012 and newer for free maintenance. I found one with plenty of factory warranty to be safe. Much more fun to drive then my Huracan and 911 turbo s were. I really have no complaints about the 911 turbo s either except the Ferrari kills it in looks and sound. Its cool how you can lower the rear window on the 458 and listen to the engine/exhaust while driving with the top up.
Nice stable!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why am I reading this?

Get one and enjoy like others said the 2012 have free maintenance.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
That is exactly the reason I suggested 2012 or newer to get full maintenance. Peace of mind for certain.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Get a 458 of you haven't had a Ferrari. Like others have mentioned 2012 and newer for maintenance. The exotic experience is quite different than GT-R.... but it's just as easy to drive as a GT-R and front lip may even be higher than GT-R if that's a concern. If you truly want a unique driving experience get a Scud... more raw, more visceral, way more engaging. I've owned both.

·
Registered
466 Posts
There's a lot to like about how it drives and sounds. I don't like how it looks though and it's not that fast. I'd get an lp570, mp4-12c and huracan over it, but that is entirely subjective as I just don't like how the 458 looks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you buy McLaren make sure don't think of resale as you know they can't hold her volume predict end 2016 675LT be around 250k. Maybe less

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
If you buy McLaren make sure don't think of resale as you know they can't hold her volume predict end 2016 675LT be around 250k. Maybe less
No one abound but a McLaren anywhere near MSRP. New 650s you can get 60-80k off. Used even more. I disagree with the 675 value. It won't be as severe as the rest of them. Could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
No one abound but a McLaren anywhere near MSRP. New 650s you can get 60-80k off. Used even more. I disagree with the 675 value. It won't be as severe as the rest of them. Could be wrong, but I just don't see it.
I don't see it with the 675 either. I think the 675LT will hold it's value a lot better because it's limited.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 38 Posts