Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy,

I have a 2011 M3 Convertible coming off lease in November. I did a 2 year lease with 15,000 miles/year. I'm starting to get close on my miles and since other dealers are calling to get me out of the lease early, I've decided to start exploring the GTR lease options. Ive always loved the car but it was never really in my daily driver price range.

I put a few feelers out there for a new 2013 Black/Black GTR Premium and found one at a relatively local dealer to price out. I'm paying $1005/month for the M3 now. Originally, the dealer said it would run about $1500/month for the GTR lease. I said that Its a little more than I'm willing to pay right now. The manager called me back today saying that we might be able to do something since I'm trading in a car, they have a fathers day sales event going on, and they have Nissan Corportate there throwing extra money on cars in inventory to move them. They promised not to waste my time and asked me to travel 1.5 hours tomorrow to meet with them to see if we can hash something out.

Has anyone heard of a new GTR lease for $1200 or under a month? I'm assuming we can get there, but they'd likely want me to put a ton down, which I won't do on a lease.

Any thoughts on what to expect?

Thanks!

Best,
Kyle

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
when you say you're trading a car in are you talking about the M3?....if you're close with your miles and there is still time on the lease you probably don't have much equity in the car....as far a a lease goes I think you will be hard pressed to find a $0 down lease at under $1200 a month.....you're probably looking in the $1400-$1500 range with excellent credit....Nissan has some good incentives on in stock cars but they don't apply to the GT-R....

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Try leasecompare.com

I personally have never used those guys but you can at least play with the numbers. They used to post their MFs and calculations here on the forum, not sure if they still do.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I would get a very close idea of what the deal will look like BEFORE driving 1.5 hrs each way.
I think you are likely to be dissapointed and leave the dealership with no deal or worse, spend more than you actually intend to and have buyer remorse for a long time.
Just a perspective.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you kidding???? I honestly want to know if anyone can lease a 2013 GTR for under $1800 with NO MONEY DOWN!!!

I currently have a 2010 GTR premium Gunmetallic color which I've leased for the past 3 years. I paid $1386/month (tax included) with $5000 down in October 2009 at 12K miles /year.

My lease is due in about 6 months. I went to a few dealers here in southern California in the past week, looking to turn in my lease earlier for a 2013 BE ungrade. The best price I am getting is $1900 /month with no money down and 12K miles/year. That is the price with a trade in of my current GTR!!! I know that they can get at least $65K with my 2010 GTR.

For all of you who have leased 2013 GTRs, is this $1900/month a good price??? If they offer me less than $1750 per month with 39 month lease at no money down, I would definitely take it right now!! Any advice??? What is the average monthly lease price people are paying for the 2013 GTR premium or BE???

EC

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you mean the M3 then that isn't a trade. There is no "equity" in it. It's just a question of whether the residual plus the remaining payments are more or less than what the car is worth to the nissan dealer. If the residual plus remaining payments is below what the car is worth to them (very unlikely really), then they'd cut you a check for the M3.

If that's their expectation then you are only getting a "cheaper" lease because you are reducing the cap cost (purchase price) by putting a down payment.

There's no magic in a lease. It's all math:

1 - cap cost - purchase price of car... Negotiated as always
2 - money factor - interest rate... Negotiated based on credit score and program incentives
3 - residual value - what the car is going to be "worth" at lease end... This is the most impt variable and is set by the leasing company. This is obviously mileage dependent
4 - tax - sales tax paid on monthly payment

Your lease payment is cap cost - residual / term + interest + tax. You are basically paying the depreciation, over time, plus interest and, as always, tax.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So what is it? What is a fair price to pay for a 2013 Black edition? I got quoted anything from $1900 to $2100 per month including tax with no money down for a 39 month lease. That sounds very expensive consider you can lease a Mercedes SLS or Bentley for same price. I wonder if they would take my offer at $1750/ month including tax.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
So what is it? What is a fair price to pay for a 2013 Black edition? I got quoted anything from $1900 to $2100 per month including tax with no money down for a 39 month lease. That sounds very expensive consider you can lease a Mercedes SLS or Bentley for same price. I wonder if they would take my offer at $1750/ month including tax.
you can finance the whole car for less than that and sell it at 39 months and probably walk away with some money....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealer called me today and is waiting on numbers back on my M3 before he can get me numbers back. He said it should've tomorrow.

We'll see what happens. So far I'm holding off on the trip out there until I get a better idea of real numbers.

-K

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
$1,200 LOL no way. Remember the GT-R is 100k. Not 70k anymore.

its usually simple math. 45% residual. + miles + money factor / months.

Id say $1,700 a month 0 down. (this is just simple math estimate)
that's probably about right....a simple way to get an average real world number is to plug it in to leasecompare.com.....a quick check shows a 2013 at sticker with an 800 credit score at $1,569 a month for 36 months with no money down....that's without tax....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.