Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GTR has always been this car in my eye that I would one say own, it's the antithesis of geeky and technologically advanced automobiles... This said, the practicality and V8 drew me to the M, (price too) and I've been in this one for about 2 years. I've recently found that the used market GTRs have come into that price range where I am more comfortable buying in and was thinking about picking one up sometime soon.

Read the FAQ and have a gist of the operational differences between model years, but wanted to get the communities feedback on a few things and see if any of y'all made the same move. I have a pretty loaded M3 and love the tech included. I assume Nissan can keep up with that.

also what sort of range are yall seeing on a tank of fuel? I can't stand the 200 mile tanks I'm dealing with now...

So what MY should I be looking at here? I'm looking to have some fun with the Car, but it will be my daily driver so I can't go to insane. How is the car from a practicality standpoint? Are the rear seats usable for anything?

All questions I could answer myself if I could ever find one to look at haha...

Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I just read the Subject and I thought its a nice coincidence . Didn't read the post yet but I just switch my dayli driver 2012 335 is with a 2012 e-92 m3 and I m loving this car .. Not a gTr performance but a proper drivers car ..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had an E46 M3 and now have the GTR - I love the car;
  • I get about 200 miles a tank - give or take highway or not
  • Have a booster seat and child seat in the back - and my daughter loves it - she calls it a rollercoaster ride
  • Fun factor - I have driven the E90 -M3 - a blast and performance - let's just say it's a new level
  • I have an 09 - and with Cobb and mid pipe - u can get to current model stats easily - under $2k
GET IT SOON _ CAUSE THE SECRET IS OUT - GTR IS ALL THAT

·
Registered
284 Posts
The GTR has always been this car in my eye that I would one say own, it's the antithesis of geeky and technologically advanced automobiles...
I'd say it's more the epitome than the antithesis. Vocab jab. =)

If its amenities you want (Bluetooth audio, etc), the later the year the better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd say it's more the epitome than the antithesis. Vocab jab. =)

If its amenities you want (Bluetooth audio, etc), the later the year the better.
Touché, I would agree with that haha...

Thanks for the info, I'm heading up to a dealer tomorrow to take a look at a 10 with like 20k on the clock, apparently it's owner just traded for a new 13... Will be my first hands on with the car, anything I should specifically look at?

Also. What year did the nav get upgraded 2011?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car I looked at is a white 2010 premium, 20,000 miles they're asking 69,991... Feels high to me.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Very ironic topic. I was just thinking today that I actually miss driving an E92 M3 with either 6MT or DCT. I had a 2011 with DCT and I was in love with the car. My 2012 GT-R is a different type of relationship. It's good but just different. I'll always be a BMW guy for life and always be a little biased towards ///M cars.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Very ironic topic. I was just thinking today that I actually miss driving an E92 M3 with either 6MT or DCT. I had a 2011 with DCT and I was in love with the car. My 2012 GT-R is a different type of relationship. It's good but just different. I'll always be a BMW guy for life and always be a little biased towards ///M cars.
We can never be friends. I despise BMWs.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I sort of miss my 6MT e92, a big part being that it was a manual. Can't beat the fit and finish of a nice german car. Totally different relationship with the GT-R than the M. If I had my way, M3 would be my commute car, GT-R would be what I go out on the town with. The reality sets in and I realize I have no commute...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I currently have both an e90 m3 (6SPD) and GTR. If I could only have one it would be the M3. It is a much nicer around town car, better fit and finish, more rewarding to drive. The only real winning attribute of the GTR to me is all out performance and technology. The GTR is hard to beat in that catagory without deep pockets.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I sold my 08 E92 M/T and got an 09 GTR. You would be comparing apples and oranges the only commonality is, they are both cars, thats it. I had a 996 Turbo before the M3 and felt I made a mistake getting the M3, its a great car, but very under powered, specially torque, so many occasions when you floor it and nothing happens. The GTR is in a different league. Like a rocket with cushy seats and a sound system. The only thing I would recommend you consider is the miles you will drive a year, its much more expensive to maintain the GTR (just service).

Good luck, BTW, you get more looks in the GTR then a hot chick with a cute puppy at the beach

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too am thinking about getting a GTR. I had an E92 M3 and now a E90, a total of 3 years with the V8. Can't complain about the gas mileage, it's one of the most efficient V8 on the market already... I saw a whole bunch of used 12' in the classfield section but now they are all gone... keep waiting? or should I try getting into the new M5, coz the ultimate question I always ask myself before getting into a new car is what is next after this one is done? Whats after the GTR? Only another GTR would top it off right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.