Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all of the posts on folks removing their wing and or trunks and having to cut/splice the wires for the third brake light to make sure the electronic latch works properly and to avoid any bulb outage warnings, but I have not seen any details on which wires these are. Can anyone provide any info on which wires need to be spliced or cut?

Also, when replacing the rear wing or removing all together has anyone added an aftermarket third brake light? I have seen one mounted where the center hole is atop the trunk lid but has anyone added one to the lower valence (like 370Z fog/brake) or inside the rear window?

·
jbmnsx
346 Posts
I have one for sale and know the wiring very well. For more info email me at [email protected].

John

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reviving this thread as I have added a LED third brake light strip to the top edge of the rear glass but I cannot figure out the wires to tap. When I removed my OEM wing I cut the grey and white wires at the wing and I tried tapping the same color wires in the trunk on the driver side of the plug that is along the top edge of the trunk to the passenger side of the interior trunk light. Interestingly the brake light lights up when the pedal is pressed and the car is off but once I start the car the light doesn't work. Does anyone know what wires I need to tap?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts