Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a higher mile car with 72k miles on it. It is a 2012. I will no doubt be doing mods on the car later.

What should I be looking out for?

Also want to hear from owners with high mile cars and their experiences.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
How much is it selling for? If it's not in the 50k range keep looking

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
You should be looking at Carfax, maintenence history if they kept all records, brake pad wear, rotor wear, tire life/how they are wearing..etc

There is more to look for, but the most important is that maintenance history. 36k and 72k mile services are big.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would also look at the fit/finish/interior condition. Seats. If it was a 2011 build, its coming up on 5 years so 15K miles a year its at the high end of average. Take the vin # to a local Nissan dealer and ask them to pull a service record on it. see what all has been done to it. And it has to be the right price.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nothing wrong with one with high mileage there are starting to be more and more and most seem to be holding out well. So if it has been kept up with on maint I wouldn't really see any reasons not to if the price is right..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Knock on wood. I bought mine w 22k and am now at 58k and have just done fluids and tires. Pads are coming up. DD no track time

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I agree high moles to me mean everything that needed to be replace has been just get in check out by nissan my 2010 had 66k

just living the dream

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
And was great l just upgrade to 2013 cause it was to good of a deal to not

Sent from my SM-T217S using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. BTW the one I looked at was 2012 at $55k

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
70k miles, meaning the previous owner probably drove it everywhere, long commutes, road trips, etc. He/she must be very confident in the car's reliability, which means probably no crazy mods done, very little to non launches, no engine and tranny surgeries. IMO.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I am considering a higher mile car with 72k miles on it. It is a 2012. I will no doubt be doing mods on the car later.

Thanks in advance
wheres the car now I can have a tech look at it for you.

·
Registered
356 Posts

Thanks in advance
Get a thorough pre-purchase inspection, have a Nissan GTR service tech check out the VIN and get a vehicle analysis from the ECU, i.e. How many launches, Time transmission fluid above Cat 5 temps (at least I think it's called cat 5), rotor wear.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Even with 53000 miles and most of them FBO E85 with 610hp at the wheels, this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. More reliable than BMW, Ford, and even a 350z I used to own. Only my Honda Civic I owned in high school was near my GTRs reliability.

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app

·
GT-R Driver
799 Posts
Even with 53000 miles and most of them FBO E85 with 610hp at the wheels, this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. More reliable than BMW, Ford, and even a 350z I used to own. Only my Honda Civic I owned in high school was near my GTRs reliability.

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app
Well said!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts