Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch lots of dvd's and music videos in my cars. That being said I have always purchased very high quality screens / dvd players. Has anyone else noticed the images are not as good on the Stock GTR screen as a nice aftermarket screen ?

I am wondering if it is the actual set up / screen.... or if i am not "properly adjusting" the color / tint / contrast / bright / black and all of that.

Just new to this set up ... so attempting to make it as sharp and clear as possible.

wondering if it is me or the system ?

Anyone know .... how many pixels this screen has? maybe I am limited there too. Any info would be great.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I guess you like to watch fast and furious while you're fast and furious?
Nawssssssss. Boom!

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh you guys... that is not helping!

funny though! Music videos are my #1 -- got a program to make them... and they are very high quality. Just have them playing... I do not watch them... but others do. That being said... any input anyone?

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
This is actually an interesting topic, I'd imagine the resolution of the screen wouldn't be high-def. The market for an application like that from the factory, just isn't anticipated to be there by Nissan (my thoughts).

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love Music Vids. I watch them only when its a red light or it's a boring drive. That said the sound quality is less than audio tracks, so sometimes irritating.

But I do agree with you. For a 2014 unit the screen quality could be much better. For example if you compare it to your phone :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
Have you played around with video sizes, to see if's an issue with scaling (either small --> large or large --> small)? It could be a function of the scaling strategy which makes the image look less than perfect.

The screen itself adheres to DivX standards, so I'd be looking at:
720 x 480 @ 30fps; 4500kpbs video; 160kpbs audio;

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well at least we have some specs finally! that being said... i did get the "aspect" correct. Hard to explain it is "not a bad" image quality at all. I mean... people come in the car and say it looks nice... I am just fussy on these things... and it looks about "half" as crisp as my Alpine I have in my truck. I am still playing with the "settings" as far as color / tint / all of that stuff to see if i can get it to make a difference.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still been playing with this... it really is not a pixel thing... it is just the "energy" and depth of the color. I have the colors correct now... but they just do not seem "deep / bright / all of that"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts