Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I want a nice track car, I have been thinking about a 2008 Lotus Exige S then add some juice to it. Thoughts anyone have history or knowledge about this car/ template

I would appreciate your advice and thoughts
Gus

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
They are an absolute blast to drive on track. However, there's no way I would want to drive one on a day to day basis. Getting in and out of it is quite amusing, but gets old real quick. If you plan to use it for track only and light street use I think you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Ryan,

I was nervous about it, I am 6'6 so i had a feeling i Wouldnt fit.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Im nearly as tall as you and i fit in nicely... But getting in & out is a bitch. A friend has a very nice Exige, modded, and getting an engine swap as we speak.

Its a great car for weekends and tracking. When you start modding, and want to throw some mods to the engine, i say dont waste your time on the Corrola engine it has, chuck it out and slap in a K20(A) 2.0 Vtech inside by Spoon or Toda with very high revs.

My buddies Lotus.... this might spark it up for you a little bit

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I personally would pick up a nice used example of an S2000, put a hard top on it, some sticky tires and better brake pads and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I would get the exige. I have seen a few guys at the Porsche Club events that trailer theirs to the track. Full slicks. The cars are brutal fast on some of the tight courses. I have considered one myself. I would NEVER drive it on the road though. It is a track car. It still has potential for track worth upgrades.

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
I would definitely pick one up for more dedicated track use. I've driven one around before as a daily for a week just to try it out... definitely not fun getting in and out of the car. It's almost impossible to get out of the car looking dignified lol.

However, driving one on the track... I don't think I've ever driven something that responsive and quick around corners. Definitely would consider picking one up myself in the future as a dedicated weekend warrior.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'd go with a prepped s2000 over the exige any day. WAY more power potential, handle almost as well with the right mods, much cheaper to maintain, you can put the top down, drive it to and from the track, and it's a Honda

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
^^^ +1

I also agree with the S2K. Awesome car, I'd love to get my hands on a clean one.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ive owned a S2000 and an exige S

Exige S is literally the only car I have ever regretted selling, if i wasnt riding bikes so much I'd go buy one tomorrow.

Everybody always raves about S2000, wasnt impressed. Sold it with in a year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts