Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
New! The FIRST of it's kind. (DUAL PURPOSE: NOT JUST ANY COOLANT TANK!)

S2CarbonWorks R35 GT-R TIG-Welded Aluminum Racing Evacuation Tank!

Seeing how this performance driven car was lacking some love under the hood (ugly plastic yellow tank!!) we decided to make a piece that is both functional and a craftsman's work of art.
According to [email protected], "S2CarbonWorks has entered the GT-R parts business with this first of it's kind combination oil catch can and radiator coolant reservoir." Made from attractive TIG welded aluminum it's 18″ in length and a lot of capacity. Some of the other features of the tank are:

- MADE IN THE USA
- Hand TIG Welded Construction (100% Aluminum)
- Full Replacement Unit
- 4 Large Inlets to Catch Can w/ Drain Valve
- 1 Large Inlet to Coolant Reservoir w/ Sight Gauge
- Internal Baffle in Catch Can w/ Sight Gauge
- Catch Can Lower Drain Valve
- Pre-installed Brackets
- Hose Kit and Clamps
- Size is nearly 18" In length - Very large capacity

THE ALUMINUM TANK KIT REPLACES THE STOCK OUT-OF-PLACE LOOKING MONSTROSITY BELOW:

UPDATE: 2/15/10 - Now available in Black Edition!
ALSO, NOW ALL PRODUCTION TANKS HAVE (2) SIGHT GAUGES, ONE FOR OIL, ONE FOR WATER!

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
you are not the first one doing this but it looks grt. if i didn't have metal coolant tank, i would've bought it.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
definatly not the first of its kind, but it does look really nice. there are others just as nice too. i like it alot.
did you do any research via the spec-v unit?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
does this just replace the stock plastic coolant tank?
whats the point of this?? or just to add shine to the engine bay?

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
New! The FIRST of it's kind.

S2CarbonWorks R35 GT-R TIG-Welded Aluminum Racing Evacuation Tank!

Seeing how this performance driven car was lacking some love under the hood (ugly plastic yellow tank!!) we decided to make a piece that is both functional and a craftsman's work of art.
This tank is a "Dual Function" space-saving system. Each tank is completely Hand TIG-welded, Internally baffled and sealed (4 Lg inlets for catch can, 1 Lg inlet for coolant passage). Extra large capacity to aid in cooling and maximize efficiency. Comes with all fittings, welded on brackets for simplified installation, hose and clear sight gauge and lower drain nozzle.

*Units will be available in Black Anodized, or Satin Silver Finishes.

- MADE IN THE USA
- Hand TIG Welded Construction (100% Aluminum)
- Replaces the ugly stock plastic coolant reservoir unit
- Perfect Fitment for the R35 GT-R
- 4 Large Inlets to Catch Can w/ Drain Valve
- 1 Large Inlet to Coolant Reservoir w/ Sight Gauge
- Internal Baffle in Catch Can
- Catch Can Lower Drain Valve
- Pre-installed Brackets
- Hose Kit and Clamps
- Size is nearly 18" In length - Very large capacity unit!

THE ALUMINUM TANK KIT REPLACES THE STOCK (UGLY) PLASTIC YELLOW TANK BELOW, WHILE ADDING A LARGE CAPACITY OIL CATCH CAN:

Pm me info on this. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
does this just replace the stock plastic coolant tank?
whats the point of this?? or just to add shine to the engine bay?
Our unit has a large capacity Oil Catch Can built into it with a drain valve on the bottom. Blow-by from the crankcase enters the tank via 4 - Push Lock fittings (easy hookup), it is internally baffled and vented - Which is a MUST for any Boosted car. You can't see it, but the tank is internally divided, seperating the coolant and oil functions.

Some people think that this is a catch can below:

^ These suck at what they do, and they are very small in capacity.

Our Evacuation Tank unit is similar to the J's Racing V1 tank for the S2000.

Also, Our tank is much bigger than the competitors, and the welds are amazing. Not cheap china stuff either.

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
Our unit has a large capacity Oil Catch Can built into it with a drain valve on the bottom. Blow-by from the crankcase enters the tank via 4 - Push Lock fittings (easy hookup), it is internally baffled and vented - Which is a MUST for any Boosted car. You can't see it, but the tank is internally divided, seperating the coolant and oil functions.

Also, Our tank is much bigger than the competitors, and the welds are amazing. Not cheap china stuff either.
pm me the details on your product. i'm local to you, too.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

Some people think that this is a catch can below:

^ These suck at what they do, and they are very small in capacity.

Our Evacuation Tank unit is similar to the J's Racing V1 tank for the S2000.

hmm interesting, would like you to pm me full info aswell

·
Registered
265 Posts
can you pm me full info please

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
PM me, thanx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price will be released soon. We are hopefully going to be offering a GROUP BUY for the NAGTROC members and bring the price down a little bit, I think somewhere along the lines of 10 members necessary for the mass discount!
STAY TUNED!

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
S2Carbon/Jeremy is a good man... i've dealt with him personally on many occasions. if fact, i need to call him about these...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Any pics of the installation process to better see and understand how this is all spliced up thanks.

Keen on getting one for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^ Thanks!

ETA is now about 2 weeks on the official release and shipping! Thanks

These will also be available through Bulletproof

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
^ Just FYI, people on NAGTROC know us as GT-RR