Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
Can’t see your pictures (Thanks to GTRLife Admins and Tapatalk and their consistent issues) but if the dragy is showing 136mph, that’s probably 132-133mph at the track. That’s a 10.6 mph for our cars, so your actually not going to do much better than that imho. You’ll need to get the trap speed up to 137-138 for that 10.1.

Your main issue is the tires, they are rocks at 300+ UTGQ rating and your 1/4 time is pretty much boiled down to your 60’ on a stock turbo car.

Every track is different, but I’d get the rear tires down to 24-25psi and see if that helps, doubt it will much though.

Reactions: GAPZLA

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
136.51 was from the time slip not on draggy. Not sure what the mph would be if I converted what’s on draggy. And if I can remove that bunny hop for sure it would be 137-138 or so. And dial it in for a smooth launch.

rear tyres were already down to 25psi. Could try 23-24 but not sure how much it would help if any.

View attachment 403961
Gotcha, a 136 should get you to the 10.3 range. You’ll need 138 to get to a 9.9-10.1 with a 1.5x 60’ or better.

The tires probably won’t get you the 60’ you need.

Swap to an 888 and should have no issue hitting your goal. I’d probably run the 888 at your power levels (at 25-26psi so your light doesn’t come on over a drag radial.) You will float with drag radials, but it’s not bad. 888s have a very stiff sidewall and you will still maintain the ability to carve corners.

The 888 with Cobb with get you consistent 1.5x on the street once dialed in. Not much going to come around you once it’s dialed in without a burnout and a bunch of VHT lol.

Good luck.

Check STM to Cicio - think both have 888 in stock.

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
With DR at the rear only, it floats a bit at speed. If your track is old and grooves pretty deep can get sketchy at the finish line.

Just don’t jam on the brakes and should be fine lol

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
What’s a semi slick ? Never heard that term.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts